CHAPTER 14

SAMIA POV 

I walked into the school as if nothing happened this weekend. To be honest, this weekend was very hard for me but Corey was there.

I don't even know how he came to Atlanta or how he knew where I was, but I'm happy he was there. 

After he stayed at the cemetery with me and I cried on his shoulder, then we went to the cheesecake factory. We almost got kicked out for being entirely too loud. He had me dying of laughter the whole time. 

I entered the gym and saw everyone in their normal spots.

"Heyy." I say and the girls all hug me but at the same time. 

"Are you ok?" They all ask once we separate from the hug. 

"Yea, I'm good," I say smiling. 

"Mm... mkay." Denise says in an unsure tone. 

"I'm good. I promise." I say.

"Okay, Mia. What did you do this weekend?" She asks.

"Well I went to Atlanta, but you already knew that. Someone had popped up on me while I was up there too." I say then I look at Corey. 

The boys were in their own conversation. 

I guess Di-Di caught my glare. "Bitch! How? He just showed up?" She asks.

"Yea, pretty much." I say shrugging.

"Well... speaking of weekends, whatchu doing this weekend?" Di-Di asks.

"Ion got nothing planned, why?" I ask.

"Cause this weekend I want all of us to have a sleepover at my house." She says.

"Ya know imma be there. I can't stand my little brother." Regina says rolling her eyes.

"Ronald is not that bad, get up off him." Denise says. 

"Man, that little boy is annoying as hell. I be wanting to lock his ass up in a closet sometimes." Regina says shaking her head.

"I bet yo brother is nothing like mine." I say.

"You got a little brother?" Di-Di asks.

"Yup. He thirteen years old, thinking he grown." I say. But before anyone could reply we heard the whistle meaning it's time for us to leave the gym and go to class.

--

It was now 7th period and I was copying notes off of the board. I felt my phone vibrate and I quickly checked it. It was Monte and he was telling me that the kids missed me. I haven't seen them since Halloween and I missed them too.

I've only known them for a little while but I got a connection with them. If Monte and I ever fall off I'll still see them no matter what. 

I texted him back saying I'll come over today to see them today. I put my phone back in my pocket and I started back on my notes.

I finished taking my notes so I decided to start on an essay I have to do for my senior project. 

As I wrote I felt someone tap my shoulder. 

I looked and saw Corey. 

"Yes?" I say.

"I gotta question..." He says.

"And that is," I say. He got all of my attention now. 

"Listen, I wanna take you out this weekend. It doesn't have to be romantic but on some friendly shit. Like last weekend." he says smiling.