CHAPTER 40

SAMIA POV

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if you didn't put your trust in someone? What if you never told them things that were personal to you? What if you would never have given that person the time of day?

As time passes and more things keep coming to light I really wish I would never have given Corey the time of day. I wish I would've been rude to him every time I saw him. And I wish I never decided to continue with that dare.

Now it's to the point where I don't even know what I should do. What is my next move?

It's not even just about the bet anymore and it's not even about Brandon anymore. It's about Corey and things he has done.

How could he sit there and comfort me when he knew that he was the one behind the pain? How could he sit in my face and wipe my tears when he's the reason I cried? How could he get an innocent man put behind bars and not even care?

All this just for a hundred dollars?

Is his pride more important than a girl's self-esteem? Is his pride more important than another man's life?

My mind just can't wrap around the fact that I care about Corey so much that I'm second guessing myself.

Should I do what I originally planned to do to the person who set Brandon up? No, I can't bring myself to getting Corey killed.

In such little time he has done a lot for me. Even though I don't give him his credit, he has been there for me. He showed up at the graveyard to be there for me on the anniversary of my brother's death. He was with me when Brandon got shot. He even bailed me out when I beat Shadice's ass.

But I'm confused as to why he did all that? Was it his plan all along? Maybe his plan was to be there for me as much as possible and put me in such a difficult predicament that I won't be able to hurt him...

I tapped my pencil on my desk as I continued to think about this situation I'm in.

What the hell am I gonna do?

"Ms.Taylor are you alright?" My ELA teacher, Mrs.Fennel, asks me breaking me from my thoughts.

"Oh, yes. I'm okay." I respond with a soft smile to reassure her that I'm fine.

"Alrighty then. Now back to this paper. I want a four-page essay explaining all the things you wish you could re-do, especially things during high school. Also please put forth effort with this. I will read every single one and let me not forget to mention how this will be your final grade in my class and it's also seventy percent of your grade. Y'all do not have that much time so I suggest you start working on it cause I want it in two weeks."

"Man. We gotta get ready for prom and we gotta finish our senior projects," Yani complains.

"Oh well, that's not my problem. You have two weeks to have it finished and turned in. End of discussion. Oh, and I will be showing y'all paper to next year Freshmans so it betta be good." Mrs. Fennel says. Most of the students groaned but I just shrugged my shoulders.

I have no problem with writing papers, especially since this assignment is easy.

I'll start on it when I get home.

JACOREY POV

I walked down the alley and looked around me to make sure no one was watching me.

"You finally showed up, witcho late ass." She says with her arms crossed.

"Shut up complaining. I'm here so whats the problem." I say then I hand her the small bag.

She opens it and smiles when she sees what's inside.

"Thanks. Now when you gon be done wit ole girl?" She asks boldly.

"Don't worry bout all that. Why you worried bout it?"

"You know why nigga. I want to be witchu period. So go ahead and fuck the bitch, win the bet, and get wit me." She says as if it is really that easy.

"But I thought you didn't want this 'community dick'."

"Stop using my own words against me. Now tell me when you gon be done wit her?"

I scratch the back of my neck, "To be honest I don't even want to continue with the bet." I say with a shrug.

She slaps me, "I ain't do that shit for no reason nigga!"

I pushed her backwards into the wall, "You betta watch who you putting yo fucking hands on. I'm the big dawg around here." I tell her as I held her on the wall.

"I got that man locked up for nothing!"

"Not necessarily. He was a bitch ass nigga that threatened me so he got what was coming to him. I told his ass to watch his back."

"Your fucking pride and ego is gonna getchu fucked up Jacorey." She says and pushes me.

"How desperate you are about me gon getchu fucked up." I say wit yet another shrug.

"How am I desperate?"

"You put drugs in a nigga car for me just cause you thought I was gon be witchu. You lied to Mia about fucking Brandon just cause you thought it would speed up the process. If that doesn't say, desperate bitch, I don't know what does." I say and before she could respond my phone started ringing.

I quickly pressed the answer button when I saw Mia's contact name pop up.

"Wassup?"

"I'm at your house and your dad just got shot! Come to the hospital I'm bout to get in the ambulance with him." She says into the phone.

"What the fuck?! I'm on my way!" I say then I hang up the phone. I ran to my car, crunk it up and sped off getting onto the highway.

**

I walked into the hospital and walked straight past the receptionist desk. I walked to where the visitors are and looked around tuntilI found me.

She had her face in her hands with blood on her clothes along with her hands.

I sat next to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I don't know what happened. It happened so quick." She says with tears running down her cheeks.

"Just calm down and tell me what happened," I say calmly.

She started to shake her head with her bottom lip quivering. "I don't know. I don't know." She cries. "It was so quick. I tired to save him, I swear I did."

"I believe you Mia." I say when I pull her back into a hug as she sobbed on my shirt. A tear fell out of my eye but I quickly wiped it.

"I'm so sorry Corey." She trembled.

"Its ok. You didn't do it." I say as I held her closer to me.

Everything is just back to back, can we get a break...