CHAPTER 19

SAMIA POV

I entered the hospital when tears welling in my eyes. I went to the front desk and asked what room is Brandon in. The receptionist instantly started typing something into her computer and she told me the number.

I nearly ran to the room, Corey was behind me trying to catch up.

When I reached the door the doctor was exiting the room shaking his head.  "Is he ok?" I ask. 

"I'm sorry ma'am but who are you?" The doctor asks.

"His fiance." I lie. The doctor looks at my ring finger, luckily I had the old ring my brother gave me on.

"He was shot in the shoulder, arm, and chest. He lost a lot of blood but luckily he was able to get a blood transfusion from a friend that was with him. He does have a couple fractured ribs caused by the impact of the bullet and his shoulder is damaged a little. But he'll be better in a matter of months." The doctor says and I slightly sigh with relief. 

I'm just happy he's not dead. 

"Can I go in there and check up on him?"

"Yes you can, but remember he's in a lot of pain right now and he may not respond to all your questions since he's under a lot of medication. Also, the police will be coming up later to ask a couple questions."

"We don't need the police, thanks tho." I say when I open the door to his room. 

He's laying in bed with his shirt off and I can see the open bullet wound in his shoulder, his eyes are closed.  

I sat in the chair next to him and I grabbed his hand

I sat in the chair next to him and I grabbed his hand. Tears started to flow out of my eyes.

I knew something was going to happen. I fucking knew it.

"Mia..." he says lowly. 

"Yes." I say perking up a little. 

"Thank you." He says confusing me.

"What are you thanking me for?"

"You're here." He says. 

"I wouldn't leave you like this. You should know me better, but be quiet I don't want you talking too much." 

"I'm straight, come lay wit me."

"Nigga no, you hurt and I'm way to big to fit in that bed witcho ass."

"You ain't that big, come on." He says then he scoots over a little. 

"I gotta do some, imma be right back." I say then I get out of the chair and leave the room. I walk to the waiting room and Corey was sitting in a chair on his phone. 

He looks up at me, "Is he ok?" He asks.

"Yea, fractured ribs and a damaged arm tho." I inform him.

"You staying here with him or you want me to take you home?"  He asks when he stands up and puts his phone up. 

"I'm staying. Thank you for the wonderful 'Friendly date'" I say then I give him a hug, he hugs me back. 

"My pleasure. Imma see you later."

"Ight, see ya lata." I say then we go our separate ways. 

I return to Brandon's room and I see that he adjusted the bed to where he can sit up.

I get in the bed with him and he grabs my hand. 

"You need to get out of the game," I tell him.

"You know I can't get out. This is for life." 

"You can get out. I got out, so you can too."

"That's because you a girl. They let you off easy. It's only two ways I can get out." He says and I look down at my hand, thinking.

"You betta find a way out or imma make sure you stay in this hospital for the rest of yo life." 

"How you gon do that?" 

"Every time you heal imma just shot you again," I say with a smile. 

He laughs, but not too hard so he doesn't hurt his chest. 

"You laughing but I'm dead ass."

"You still got pancake?" He asks.

"Yup, she's in my purse now." 

"You really kept it, I thought you were just gon throw it in the trash when I bought it for you."

"Hell nawl. That's one of the only things I had to remember you by when you left." I say.

Pancake and the tattoo I got behind my ear were the only things I had left of him. 

He was about to respond by my phone started ringing, I looked at the caller Id and it was my mama.

"Hello."

"Hey baby, what you doin?"

"I'm wit Brandon," I say simply. I don't want her to know he got shot.

"Tell my son-in-law I said hey!" She says excitedly. 

She and my dad knew Brandon since he was four and that's how we got close. My mom is the only one who knows that he's my first love and that I lost my virginity with him at fifteen.

"My momma said Hey," I whisper to him. "Tell my mama I said hey and that I miss her."

"Ma, he said hey and he misses you," I tell her.

"Give him the phone." She says and I give him the phone.

"Yes, ma'am." He says into the phone then I hear her going off. I can't hear the exact words but she's yelling. 

My mama is a trip.

**

I just got back home from the hospital my dad came to pick me up. 

"Don't forget to pack your bags. We going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving." My dad reminds me and I groan.

Every year we have to go to my grandma Verma house. But that's not the bad part.

My Aunt Lily lives with my grandma and she can't cook for shit. 

She always burning the turkey and the potato salad be smelling like ass and tartar sauce. 

Plus my mama always argues with my Aunt Veronica because she's so stuck up and always thinks she better than everyone else.

Thanksgiving is just full of drama with my family. 

-AUTHORS NOTE-

Updating twice this week, this is just a filler. 

Played By A GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara