CHAPTER 24

SAMIA POV

I walked through the hallway trying to get to my 7th period without being late.

Denise stopped me in the hallway and was talkin for bout two minutes, so now I gotta speed walk to class.

"If you late to class you got Friday School!" Mr.Lindsey yells. That's when I started sprinting to class.

Right when the bell rung I jumped into the doorway before Ms.Jackson could close the door.

I walked to my seat and sat down. I was breathing hard as hell.

"Hey, track star," Corey says when he sits in the seat next to me.

"Shut up, I wasn't trynna be late," I replied rolling my eyes at him and he gives me his infamous smirk.

"The party next week and I betta see you."

"When have I never showed up to a party? Come on nie, you know I'm coming."

"We doing Secret Santa too. You gon do it?" He asks me.

"Sure,  when we find out which person we got?"

"After school today."

"Why you just telling me this," I say with a slick attitude. I hate last minute shit. Especially since I was supposed to be spending time with Brandon.

"My bad, I forgot to tell you at Di-Di's reveal party. But you coming, right?"

"Yea, yea." I say and he smiles brightly.

I'll tell Brandon I'll come over later.

**

I walked to the student parking lot and saw everybody standing there. Somebody I don't know had a hat facing upwards in his hand.

"Ight let's get this over wit." I say and stood next to Monte.

"Nawl, who this Steve Urkel looking ass nigga?" Slim asks referring to the boy who was holding the hat. 

"Slim shut the hell up." Di-Di side-eyes him. 

"I was just playin, dang. I know this nigga ain't sensitive." He says then he pulls Di-Di closer to him and wrapped his arms around her. 

"This my cousin Cj. He's helping plan this party and we using his house. So you betta shut ya fuckin mouth Slim." Corey says.

"Ight, ight. Whateva." Slim says then Corey pull out slips of paper.

"E'rybody put ya name on the paper and put it in the hat. After that Cj gon shake the hat and ya'll gon pull a name out. Whateva name you got is the person you gotta buy sum fo. Got it?" Corey asks we nod our heads.

He gives each of us a piece of paper and we do as told. After Cj shook the hat I went first. 

I grabbed a slip of paper, opened it, and sighed when I saw the name I had. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to get this person. 

I balled up the paper and placed it in my pocket.  

I say goodbye to everyone and went to my car. I drove off and decided to go to the mall to find a gift. I pulled the note out of my pocket to make sure I read it right. 

"Fuck." I say looking back at the note. 

"Jacorey."

**

"Hey, mommy!" I say when I enter the kitchen and I saw her cooking something.

"Hey baby." She says then she wipes her hands on her pants and gives me a hug.