CHAPTER 16

-2 YEARS AGO-

SAMIA POV

My dad was taking my suitcase and my sibling's suitcase in his apartment. It's the summer of 2015, the first year of my dad living in Columbus.

I walked with my eleven-year-old little brother, Jr, and my nineteen-year-old older brother, Christian.

"Ion even wanna be here. I'm supposed to be in Atlanta." Christian complained.

"Why? So you can be on that corner." I say with an attitude.

I love my brother but he ain't gotta be gang banging or slanging drugs. But shit, if he doing it I am too.

I am my brother's keeper.

He ain't doing shit without me.

We're both GD's. He got in it a year ago and I joined right after him. I'll be damned if something happened to my brother and I can't prevent it.

He has been selling drugs for a couple years tho, I started doing that last year too.

"Man shut the hell up. You do the same thing I do. And it ain't nun wrong wit trynna keep money in my pockets." He says.

"The only reason why I'm doing it is because you doing it. We straight, we don't even need any money." I say.

"I already told you, you don't have to do everything I do. But you don't fucking listen." He says and we enter the apartment.

"You don't either," I say rolling my eyes.

I run to the back to find the biggest room. I guess my brothers caught on and took off behind me. I opened the first door and to my luck, the room was big as hell.

"I call this room!" I yell then I flop down on the bed. My brothers go check out the other rooms and they return to mine with a mug on their faces.

"What?" I asked pulling out my new iPhone 6s.

"Man we gotta switch rooms. I ain't sharing a room wit sir farts a lot." Christian says.

"Ion wanna share a room witcho snoring ass either." Jr says back.

"Too bad, this my room now," I say shrugging my shoulders and I start to scroll on facebook.

Christian picks me off of the bed.

"Let me go bitch!" I yell. But he doesn't listen. He puts me down in the hallway and he runs into the room.

I take off trying to reach the room before him but he makes it before me. He closes the door and locks it. Jr was laughing in the hallway.

"Daddy!" I yell crossing my arms over my chest and I marched to his room.

"Yes, baby girl." He says once I enter his room.

"I claimed the big room and Christian picked me up and took my room!" I yell snitching like hell, but I don't care.

He leaves his room and he walks to the room my brother stole from me. He banged on the door.

"Open this damn door!" He yells. In a matter of seconds the door open.

"Wassup pops." He says when he cracks the door open.

"Give yo sister back the room." My daddy says.

"Man, nawl. This ain't fair." My brother says and leaves the room.

"Oh well, life ain't fair." My dad says and I stick my tongue out at Christian. He mouths "Snitch" at me and I shrug.

"That's yo room baby girl." My dad says and he kisses my forehead. Even though I'm 15 I'm a huge daddy's girl.