CHAPTER 20

SAMIA POV

"Imma see you when I get back. Make sure you call your mama so she can come up here with you." I say to Brandon when I get out of his bed.

He's gonna be in the hospital for a couple weeks then he can go home. When he gets to come home I'm gonna help him when the nurse isn't available.

"I gotchu ma." He says then I kiss his cheek.

I leave the room with my duffle bag and I walk outside to my car.

I get in, turn on my music, then I get on the road.

I hope I don't have to fight somebody like I had to last Thanksgiving.

**

I pulled up in my mama driveway and parked my car. My dad is parked in front of me.

I got out of my car and grabbed my bags. I walked through the door and I saw my mom and dad laying on the couch. Her feet are on his lap and he's massaging them.

"Hey baby." She says.

"Hey ma. How you been?"

"I've been ok. You know why you're brother been scared since the last time ya'll visited?" She asks.

"I have no idea." I say with a smile, lying. I guess I got my point across with him.

I leave them in the living room and I walk to my room and put my stuff down.

I flopped down on my bed. I do miss it here.

I took off my shoes then exited my room. I walked down the hall to my brother's room.

I opened his room door and I see him working on some type of machine with "I Like" by G Herbo blasting through his speakers that's mounted on the wall.

"I see you found something better to do other than selling drugs," I say when I sit on his bed.

He drops the screwdriver and puts his hand on his chest. "Man what the hell Mia! You just scared the fuck out of me!" He yells turning around.

"Oh well," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Are you ever gonna tell Ma about that situation?" He asks.

"No, I'm not. As long as you start making good grades and never do that shit again." I tell him.

"I promise you I am done with that. Yo crazy ass was gon shoot me."

"You really don't know your big sister do it," I say when I get off of his bed and walk towards the bench he's working on.

"What's this?" I say pointing at what he's working on.

"I'm trying to make a miniature Robot. So far I have the body done, I'm still working on the head." He says showing me all the parts.

"Ok lil bro, I see you! You gon be a lil inventor when you get older."

"Stop calling me lil, I'm taller than you."

"Ok and, I'm still older than you. Therefore you still lil." I say then I pat the top of his head.

He quickly moves his head, "Man I ain't no damn dog. Stop patting my head."

"Shut up, I do what I want."

**

"I missed you so much best friend and I got so much tea to spill," Noonie says as we get our feet and nails done at the nail salon.

"Girl, what is it?"

"Tell me why Fatima gon try to talk shit after she found out you moved to Columbus."