CHAPTER 2

SAMIA POV

"So how was your first-day ova there?" Nonnie asked me.

"It was straight, but I miss ATL. Like, Columbus ain't shit compared to Atlanta. These people don't even have a cheesecake factory. What the fuck am I gonna do when I want some good cheesecake."

"Wheeet, how they don't have a cheesecake factory, its the SHIT!" she screamed in my ear.

"I know right, and lemme tell you how this nigga tried me today--" I started to say but my dad walked into my room. "Hold up girl, Imma call you later my dad's home."

"Ok, tell Papa Taylor I said haaaayyyy," she said in a weird voice, she always had a little crush on my dad, and it always disgusted me.

"Bye!" I said then hung up in her face. "Hey dad," I said then scooted closer to the edge of my bed, he came and sat next to me. My dad and I didn't have a bad relationship but it wasn't great either. He was there for my mama, my brother, and I when he and my mother were together. When they broke up he moved, but he sent us money every month, visited every other weekend and he spent every holiday with us. I love my dad with all my heart he never treated me wrong.

"Hey, baby girl," he says then kisses me on the cheek. "So I just want to know how you been feeling. You know with moving away, and starting a new journey."

"I miss ATL, I really do. But I couldn't stay down there especially with the way I was going school wise. I'm scared to start all the way over tho, I had a name for myself in Atlanta. I was ' Samia Taylor the girl you don't fuck wit' and now I'm just 'New girl with a big butt'. And a part of me don't want my old reputation back because that's the reason why I had to leave Atlanta in the first place. The other part of me wants me to get my reputation back because then nobody gon bother me, it's gonna be just like Atlanta but in Columbus, if that makes any sense." I vented.

"I understand that Mia, but you gotta change your ways. You can't be fighting everybody like how you were doing in Atlanta, especially at Carver. Mr.Lindsey ain't gon let you fight all the damn time he gon kick you outta school and not give a fuck. " He told me and I just nodded in response. "I need you to get your shit together, get focused on school. You the oldest now and you need to set an example for your little brother. Graduate high school, go to college and make a name for yourself, don't be like us." He told me and he's right.

Since my older brother died I'm the oldest and I have to set a good example for my younger brother. To be honest, I didn't have a good role model, I was just following my brother. He fought all the time, he got in the wrong crowds and he played almost every girl in ATL. I learned from him.I started fighting a lot, started smoking weed, and using niggas to get whatever I want. Its gonna be hard for me to change my ways because a bitch loves her weed, no lie. But I think imma stop Playing niggas and using them for all they got.

The last nigga I played tried to kill my ass, but I had my knife with me, he got sliced the fuck up. My brother already died so I didn't have anybody to fight him for me, I got one of the niggas from my brother gang to shoot up that nigga house and jump him. He never came at me crazy again. A lot of shit went down in Atlanta, I hope I don't have to turn into that person down here. Best believe they ain't gon know what hit em if I let that side of me out...

"I gotcha dad. Imma try and change my ways." I said in all honesty. he nodded then got off of my bed, "Dinners already done. So you can eat whatever time you want." he said then walked out of my room.

I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling. I really hope I made the right decision.

**

I woke up, went into the bathroom, washed my body, then I brushed my teeth. I wrapped the towel around my body then went to my closet, trying to find out what I'm gonna wear today. After 30 minutes of deciding, I finally picked a pair of white slightly distressed jeans a purple shirt and a pair of vans.