CHAPTER 39

SAMIA POV

"Ooo, let's get matching shoes," I say to Corey as we shop in Footlocker.

The whole crew was here including Shoota and Cassandra, Casey was with them as well. They came back to Columbus to visit for a while before they go back to Atlanta.

Casey has Neuroblastoma Cancer which is cancer that's in the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are small glands located on top of the Kidney.

Luckily for them, they found the cancer when it was still in stage one. Casey has to go through surgery to get it removed but it hasn't spread which will make the operation easier.

It's sad that Casey has to go through this at such a young age and I know it's harder for Cassandra and Shoota no matter how much they try to smile through it. I decided to have my family help them pay for the surgery and any other medical bills they may have. I haven't told them yet cause I plan to do it when it's just us.

"What kinda shoes you want baby?" Corey asks me as he stands behind while I look at the many shoes on display.

"Let's get these." I say picking up the 'old skool' vans.

"I thought you already had a pair of these though."

"I do but they got messed up so I want another pair," I say shrugging with the shoe in my hand.

Then the shoe salesman walks up to me, "Excuse me, do you want to try on that shoe ma'am?" He asks me politely with a charming smile. His name tag had the name Drew on it. I mirrored his smile as I studied his face. I would be lying if I said the boy is ugly. Cause he is straight up fine!

 Cause he is straight up fine!

"Um, yea. Can I get a size seven?" I ask.

"You sure can. Can I get your name?" He asks and before I could reply Corey does for me.

"Nawl. She spoken for man. Just go get the shoes, and get me a size twelve of the same ones." Corey says shocking me. Maybe it's cause I'm his girl now but normally he doesn't say much when someone talks to me.

"I'll be right back," Drew says and walks away.

When he is out of my sight I hit Corey in the chest. "Why are you being so rude? He just asked for my name."

"Your name has nothing to do witcho shoes. All he has to ask for is yo shoe size, nothing else." He says and I shake my head at him.

"You something else I swea," I say playfully rolling my eyes. He smiles and pulls me closer to him. He puts his head in the crook of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist as we waited for the shoes.

As we waited my phone started to ring. I quickly clicked the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"What's wrong?" I ask immediately.

"Tell Jessie big head ass to give me the tv remote," Tori says into the phone and I facepalm myself.

"Tori I told y'all to call me when it's an emergency," I say and I hear her sigh loudly.