CHAPTER 30

SAMIA POV

I listened to my music and laid my head on Brandon's shoulder as Regina drove back to Columbus. My head was slick hurting from all the drinking and smoking I did last night. 

Our small vacation was now over and I couldn't be any happier.

Yes, it was fun but, I had to be around Yani every day. There wouldn't have been a problem if she wasn't constantly throwing disrespectful slurs at me.

I never did anything to her, therefore, all the disrespect was uncalled for. Especially since I'm the one who scheduled this whole trip.

I know for a fact that I'm having a conversation with her before I go home.

I took one of my earbuds out of my ear when Brandon squeezed my thigh, "You ight ma?" he asks me. 

"Yea, I'm kinda hungry," I say.

"I'm hungry too sis!" I hear Di-Di yell from the back. "Aye, Gina take us to a McDonalds or some shit." She tells Regina and Gina says ok.

To our luck, there was a McDonalds on the next exit.

About fifteen minutes later we were pulling up to the McDonald's. 

We all got out of the van and entered the McDonald's.

To my surprise, it wasn't busy today.

I waited till it was my turn to order and when it was I ordered a twenty piece nugget with fries and a large sweet tea.

Shortly after everyone had placed their order and we were now waiting for our numbers to be called.

Brandon was deep into his phone, I peeped over his shoulder and looked at what he was doing.

He was texting an unknown number, clearly getting upset by the way he clenched his jaw. 

"What's wrong babe?" I ask him.

"This bitch ass nigga pissing me off," he says while looking at me, "Don't worry bout it tho. I'm straight baby." He says then puts his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him and slid his phone into his pocket. 

"Nawl, hand that over sir," I say, he then takes the phone out of his pocket and hands it to me. I enter our very first date, 8/11/14.

I went to messages and read over everything. 

Apparently, somebody owes him some money. It wasn't much, but I guess it's a respect thing. I'll have him explain everything to me later.

Both my number and Brandon's number was called and he went to the front to get our food. When he returned we sat at a booth that was next to the table Denise and Malik sat at. It seemed like they were in a deep conversation so I just left them alone. 

I grabbed Brandon's hand and we prayed before gobbling down our food. By the time I was down to two nuggets and less than a handful of fries, everyone was seated and eating their food. 

"Di-Di why you crying?" I ask as I sip some of Brandon's shake.

"Don't mind her extra ass," Slim says while shaking his head.

"Shut the hell up, she wasn't talkin to you." She says with an attitude and returned her attention to me, "He made me get this nasty ass bowl of lettuce and not the Big Mac I wanted." She replies with her arms crossed over her chest. 

I looked at the salad that sat in front of her, untouched.

"Man, you gotta start eating healthy." He tells her then her bottom lip starts to quiver, "Here she go," He says then throws his head back.