CHAPTER 32

SAMIA POV

Another week has passed and I still haven't seen Brandon.

I've been blowing his phone up, going to his house, and his mama house. She doesn't know where he's at either.

There's not much I can do except pray and hope he's okay.

I'm now in my 4th-period class waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Our class is currently having a debate about the difference between predominantly white high schools and predominantly black high schools.

"There's no difference between the schools!" Henry yells. I believe he just likes to argue with people. It doesn't matter what the topic is he's always on the least favorable side.

"Yes, there is! White schools have more opportunities than black schools! And that's big facts!" Regina argues.

"They do not have more opportunities. You should go to a school that focuses on your career path. Every school has different opportunities it all depends on what you want to do when you're older."

"No! White schools have better food, have better resources and it's way more lenient than black schools! Let's say a group of white kids came to school with weed on them. Yes, the dogs will get called but no one will ever find out because their school is held to higher criteria. But let it be us, the black students, they're gonna call the dogs, and have the news station up here ready to report the next bad thing our schools have done!" Regina says and a loud uproar began with students agreeing with her.

"That's not necessarily true-" Henry starts to say but gets interrupted by Slim.

"Man shut yo ass up. Always trynna argue wit somebody wit dem damn bifocals on." Slim says and most of the class started laughing. I just shook my head at him.

"Slim I suggest that you don't start with me." Henry says.

"Henry why the hell you look like a black Napoleon Dynamite? Vote for Pedro head ass." Slim says and I bust out laughing because he does.

Before Henry could respond the lunch bell rung and we all left the classroom and walked to the cafeteria.

When I entered the cafeteria I went to Deli line and grabbed a salad.

I went to the booth and Di-Di was already seated. "You ain't eating?" I ask her.

"I am, just waiting on Regina to come back with my food. Mr. Lindsey let her leave to get the both of us some food." She replies and I nod my head in response.

"Tell ya baby daddy to leave Henry alone before he ends up getting shot," I tell her in a jokingly way.

"That boy always messing wit somebody. He gon get his ass beat someday." She says shaking her head and I start to eat my salad.

A couple bites into my salad Denise came and sat in the booth. She threw her pizza to the next booth where the boys sit.

"Hell nawl Corey! Gimme half of that!" I hear Monte yells and they continue to go back and forth.

"What's wrong witchu?" I ask her putting my fork down and giving her all of my attention.

She didn't respond all she did was start to take her earrings off.

"Bitch what's going on?" Di-Di asks her.

"I'm going to jail today and that's on me." She says and starts to crack her fingers.

"What's going on Denise?" I ask sternly.

"This hoe fuckin trying me. Talkin bout I had an abortion last year. Bitch how the fuck can you have an abortion when you five months? My baby was stillborn and that bitch wanna play wit it like it's a fucking game." She says then I start to put my hair up in a ponytail.

It's all starting to make sense. I never knew that Denise ever got pregnant. But that's why she had paroxetine in her cabinet that day I was looking for aspirin.

When you have a miscarriage it's common for people to get depressed or get PTSD.

"Look, we can't fight at school. But what's the bitch name and I can find out where she live." I tell her and the name that came out of her mouth shocked the hell out of me.

"Shadice?!" Di-Di and I say in unison.

**

I had on a pair of athletic pants, a short sleeve muscle shirt, my all black huaraches and I had my hair braided to the back. Denise had on a pair of joggers, a muscle shirt, a pair of Timbs and she had on a pink bonnet.

I pulled up in Shadice's driveway and she was on the porch with one of her friends.

I put my car in Neutral and we both got out.

Denise was the first one to get on the porch.

"So bitch what's up?" Denise says and immediately put up her guard.

"Hold up nie bitch who the fuck you walkin up on?" The girl Shadice was with said.

"We walking up on two skank bitches. That's what the fuck we doing." I say with my arms crossed.

"So what the fuck is up, bitch," Denise says and Shadice tries to run up.

Denise quickly swifts Shadice attempt to punch her and decked Shadice in her shit.

Denise continued to throw blows at Shadice but she wasn't backing down. It was a clean fight head to head, no hair pulling just straight punches.

I guess Shadice's friend got tired of watching them and jumped in.

Before I knew it we were all throwing blows. Denise had Shadice on the ground and was smashing her head into the grass.

"I fucking told you bout talkin that shit!" Denise yells as she continues to place Shadice's face into the ground.

Shadice's friend was laying on the ground as I punched her in the face. Honestly, this was an easy fight. The bitch was all talk but she ain't really doing shit.

I backed off of the girl and let her get off the ground. "You tired yet bitch?" I ask her and she spits blood onto the ground.

"Yes, I am done." The girl says and she sits in a chair. "They still going?" The girl asks hypothetically.

"Lordt, they gon kill each other," I say shaking my head and I walk towards them.

I pull Denise off of Shadice but clearly, she didn't get enough of that damn dirt.

She tried to run up again and I punched her in the face making her stumble backward.

Her friend was now holding her back as she tried to walk up again.

"It's ight bitch! I got y'all dumb asses! Oh and Samia you wonder why you nigga been gone? Well, he been in this pussy bitch! Every fucking night bitch, ha!" She yells.

All I remember is running up on her and blacking out...