CHAPTER 34

BRANDON POV

I entered my mom's house and saw her watching Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

"Where the hell yo big head ass been?! Had me and Samia worried about yo ass!" My mom yells, getting off of the couch.

"I had some business to take care of ma. I'm good, you see I'm back in one piece." I tell her and she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Brandon are you not understanding! Yea you're back this time! But what about next time! You could've got shot and killed and we wouldn't have known what the hell happened! You don't tell us shit! You just up and leave and I'm tired of that shit, Brandon!" She yells and I just stare at her.

"I refuse to see another person I love become victim to the streets." She says with her voice cracking a bit, "Make your choice." She left the living room and went to her room, slamming the door.

I sighed and went to my old room. I sat on the unkempt bed and looked down at my feet.

I feel bad about up and living them but it was for the greater good.

I'm finally out of the game with no strings attached.

All I've been doing is making runs trying my hardest to get out. For my mama, for Samia, and for myself.

They no longer have to worry about if I got shot or if I'm lying in a warehouse dead.

They should be happy I left when I did. Now I don't have to leave them again.

A couple seconds later my mom entered my room.

"Samia said it's over. I don't know whatchu did to that girl but you betta fix it." My mama says then leaves my room.

I sighed, can I get a fucking break.

**

"You did what?!" I yell into my phone.

"I told her you been wit me everyday faithfully. I know you heard me, nigga." Shadice says.

"Why the fuck would you do that! I ain't neva fucked you."

"Ok... but I sucked you up."

"That was before me and Samia got back together. Stop trying to be messy befo I shoot yo damn house up. Leave me and my girl alone. I'm dead ass too."

"Is that a threat sir?"

"Nawl it's a warning," I say then I hung up on her. I then blocked her number and all her social media.

I'll be damned if I let her break up me and Samia.

I'll pop any nigga or bitch about her with no hesitation.

I love that girl and the only thing that'll keep me away from her is being in jail. I know for a fact I ain't going back to prison.

I get into my car and I start to drive to my girl's house.

I parked in their driveway and got out of my car. I noticed there was an extra car in the driveway.

I knocked on the door and Samia's dad answered the door.

In a matter of seconds, the both of us had our gun pointed at each other head.

"You got some damn nerve popping up at my house." He says.

"I just want to see Samia, Fred," I say then I hear him take the safety off the gun.

"You don't need to see my baby girl. She's good without your cheating ass."

"Come on nie. After all these years, you should know me better. I would never cheat on Mia." I say then I lower my gun and put it in my pants.

"Then why was my daughter crying about you cheating?"