CHAPTER 44

JACOREY POV

"Man, y'all really not coming to prom?" I ask Slim as we shop for our Tuxedos.

"We not one hunnid percent sure but Di-Di is getting really big and I want what's best for my future child. She's been getting out of breath quicker and her body is always in pain. I don't know if prom would be somewhere she should be." Slim explains and I nod my head understanding where he's coming from. At the end of the day, they have to make sure Di-Di is as comfortable as she can be.

"How Mia feel about prom?" Shoota asks.

"She's excited as hell. She will not stop talking bout it. All she says is 'prom is gonna change our lives I swear'." I say with a little sadness flowing in my voice.

Prom is finna be one of the worst days of my life.

Especially since it's gonna be the day I finally let Mia go. I love her to death and I can't hurt her anymore. All of her recent pain has been from my actions. I'm done.

Fuck that dumbass bet. It brought way more trouble than anything else I've agreed to do. In a way, it's been a blessing and a curse. More so a curse, but without that bet, I would never have tried to get close to Mia.

Mia deserves more than a nigga like me. I play females. I use them for my personal gain. I'm a fucked up individual and she deserves way more than me.

Maybe in some way this pain is my karma...

"I'm taking Cassandra to prom and I want y'all opinion on something," Shoota says and I give him all of my attention.

"Wassup fooly?" Monte asks him.

Monte and I decided to still be cool even though we got in a fight the other day. That's my brother at the end of the day. We've had each other back since elementary school, along with Shoota and Slim. So why would we break up the crew over a female that neither one of us can be with?

"You think Cassandra gon say yes?" Shoota says when he pulls out a ring.

"What the fuck?!" Slim, Monte, and I yell.

"Oh lordy, my nigga trynna get married. What about Bros before hoes, my boy?" Slim asks and Shoota clenches his jaw.

"You betta not be trynna insinuate that my girl a hoe," Shoota says and Slim shakes his head before speaking.

"Nawl nigga. But why you trynna marry her? You young, live your life befo you try to get a female to hold you down."

"Slim, there's still some much you haven't learned yet. I love Cassandra, even though y'all niggas be trynna act like a female don't be having y'all heads over heels, but she means the world to me. She's not holding me down, she never has. If anything she's held me up. When I need her I swear to god she's there for me, and vice versa. I'm tired of that boyfriend-girlfriend shit and I'm tired of people just seeing her as my baby mama. She's way more than that. She's the love of my life and she doesn't just need to be the mother of my child, she needs to be my wife. Oh, and that saying 'bros before hoes' doesn't mean Bros before your girl." He replies and I was shocked.

Shoota has never been a big talker but he has always been the wisest of all of us. But still, I never knew that he felt that way about Cassandra. He always keeps stuff like that to himself.

"I'm proud of ya nigga," I say and give him a pat on the shoulder. "I know she's gonna say yes. She loves yo mute ass." I say and Monte nods his head in agreement.

"Yea, she's gonna say yes when you propose to her. When are you proposing to her?" Monte asks.

"Prom night." He answers. "So you ain't gon say nun bout my decision?" He asks Slim.