CHAPTER 41

JACOREY POV

I sat on the loveseat next to my father and I watched him lay there with the different tubes connected to him.

I held his hand and looked down at the ground as tears fell. He's in critical condition and I'm scared that he won't make it. My dad is all I have left. I don't know what I'll do without him. I felt the cushion next to me sink in and I turned towards the person.

"It's okay," Mia says and she wipes some of my tears off my face. She pulled me into a hug and I cried on her shoulder.

"This shit is all my fucking fault." I cried while shaking my head.

"No, it's not Corey. It is not your fault this happened." She says with sincerity flowing through her voice.

"Yes, it is," I say yet again because I know this is my fault. I was playing with fire and this is the outcome. I'm not fucking stupid I know Brandon got connections and made this shit happen. I messed my whole family up...

My thoughts were broken when I heard Samia's phone ringing.

"Hello." She says lowly but I was already watching her. "Yes, I accept." She says and slowly rises from the seat. She then walks out of the room and leaves me by myself.

My head started to hurt as I waited for Mia to return. Ever since the day my dad got shot she has been on my side more than anyone else.

She doesn't deserve to have a bet on her but I'm too far in to call it off. I have to make prom extra special for her, just to get it over with. The quicker I fuck her the easier it's gonna be for me. Just wait till April 7th all of this will be over...

**

I felt someone shaking me making me wake up from my sleep.

"Come on baby. You goin home." Mia says.

I sit up and stretch before speaking, "Nawl, I can't leave him here by himself."

"He will be fine Corey come on." She demands.

"No. I'm not leaving my dad by himself. You can leave but I'm staying here." I tell her.

"Go son," My dad says scaring me.

"When did you wake up? Does your throat hurt? Do you need any water? Aye where's the nurse," I say quickly.

"He has been up for the past two hours. The nurse already checked up on him Corey. He's doing better than the other days. He's breathing better on his own," Mia tells me and I couldn't do anything but smile.

She then grabs my hand and pulls me up, "I'm taking you home. You look exhausted and you need to eat something other than Fast food."

"Alright. See you later dad, I love you." I say before walking towards the door with Mia.

"Love you too Son." My dad struggles to say then we leave the room together.

We walked out of the hospital and went to Mia car. She got in the driver's seat and I got in the passenger's seat.

She started the car after putting her seat belt on and Jill Scott's voice took over the silence in the car.

"This is the OG album right here," I say as I turned the music up.

"Nie whatchu know bout this Cor-Cor?" She asks as she nodded her head to 'A Long Walk' blasted through the speakers.

"Nawl whatchu know about Mrs.Jill from Philly," I say.

"Boy bye. Everybody knows that her debut album is a classic! Plus she has the best intro ever made. Nobody has topped her intro, everybody else copied it and that's big facts." She says enthusiastically.