CHAPTER 26

SAMIA POV

It was Christmas day and I rose out of my bed happy as hell.

I went to my bathroom and did my morning hygiene before leaving my room.

First I went to my brother's room. He was sleeping peacefully on his bed. I walked backwards and ran towards his bed, then I jumped on it.

He quickly woke up from his sleep with his hand on his chest.

"What the hell!" He yells when he realizes I jumped on his bed.

"Yo ass shoulda been up, come on I wanna open my presents," I say and practically drug him out of his bed.

I then went to my parent's room and opened their door.

My dad had his arm around my mom's waist as they slept.

Junior and I both ran and jumped on their bed.

Unfortunately for Junior, my dad had pulled a gun from under his pillow. We both raised our hands, surrendering. 

"Oh shit, y'all betta stop scaring me like that." He says then slowly put his pistol back under his pillow.

My mom shakes her head at him and rubs the coal out of her eyes.

"Go ahead downstairs, we'll be down in a minute." She tells us and I quickly hop off their bed and nearly ran to the living room.

My brother slowly walked behind me. Why am I the only excited one?

They ain't got any Christmas Spirit.

I sat on the couch and as if on cue I heard a knock on the door.

I got up and opened the door.

"Hey, baby." I said then gave Brandon a hug and a kiss.

"Wassup ma." He says and held onto my waist. "Where everybody at?" he asks when he scans the living room.

"My mama and dad getting ready, I don't know where Junior went that quick." I say as I guide him to the couch. 

I notice the big ass garbage bag he had with him. 

"What's that?" I ask, reaching for the bag but he moved it further away from me.

"You'll see in a lil bit." 

"But I wanna see it now." I say as I continue to reach for the bag. He tossed the bag to the other side of the room and I jumped off the couch, leaping in the same direction the bag went. 

He swooped down and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Just let me see the bag, jeez!" I yell. 

"What the hell are ya'll doing?" My mama asked as she and my dad walked down the hallway and into the living room.

"Ya daughter trynna be nosey and ruin her surprise." Brandon replies.

My mama shook her head, "Where Junior at?" She asks.

"I don't even know-"

"I'm here!" He says rushing into the room with a box in his hands. 

He looked at me and Brandon with questioning eyes. "She was being impatient?" He asks Brandon.

"Yup." He responds and I roll my eyes. 

"Can we open presents now and can you put me down?" I ask.

Brandon lowered me to the ground and I tried to get to the bag again but Junior grabbed it before I could.