Harry

I Have a Strange Dream and Receive an Annoying Bird

HARRY:

The group seemed cheerful. They were singing songs around a campfire. This was all cut short when a red-haired girl entered the sight. The surrounding people all stared at her in surprise. She jumped off of the satyr's back and approached the big man, who appeared to be their leader.

"I was just doing the whole nature thing, you know? I happened to be in the area," the satyr explained. "That's when I received an iris message from Rachel, she asked me to take her to camp."

"Grover, thank you." The leader spoke.

"Rachel." The man stepped forward. Well, a half-man at that. The leader was a Centaur. The great centaur stood before the red-haired girl, who seemed tiny in comparison. He sent off a feeling of power, which made him seem all that much bigger. Yet, his calm expression and soothing, deep tone was like Dumbledore himself; who even in situations of great despair, still managed to continue pursuing his expression of tranquility.

"Chiron." The girl was growing paler by the minute.

"You're supposed to be leaving camp for school along with the others. Have you received word of a prophecy?" The calm Centaur seemed desperate, but determined not to show it. The only thing that gave it away was the expression in his eyes, which seemed like they would pop out at any second. In those eyes, you could tell the man had witnessed a lot, good and bad.

The girl had a solemn expression. People ranging from children to young adults were gathered around the sight. It appeared to be a Camp of some sort. Ah, yes. Each camper had similar orange shirts, each reading the same phrase: Camp Half-Blood. A blazing fire sat in the middle of the sight. A camp fire.

All wore that shirt, expect for a tense-looking girl behind the Centaur. Her shirt was a different color  and read a different phrase. Her purple shirt said, "Camp Jupiter."

"The Romans are here. As are the hunters." Rachel nodded to who seemed to be the leader of a group of strong looking girls. The dark-haired huntress nodded back. "I sense you've received the news then." The red-haired girl, Rachel spoke.

Campers whispered amongst themselves. With a simple turn of their leader's head, they shut to immediate silence.

"News?" The leader asked. "We've been waiting for news. The gods have their mouths sealed shut. They aren't revealing any information. No new campers are being claimed. We haven't had any word from them, no sign. Not even a vision."

"Then I assume you're aware of the strange occurrences. The mortals are being toyed with. It isn't fair, Chiron!" She pleaded.

"Rachel, I know. I am sorry, but we can not prevent it. We must have a prophecy, and willing campers to go on a quest. I insisted Percy and Annabeth return to their studies for the school year. Leo and Piper have joined them as well, as have Jason, Hazel, and Frank. They left when you did, Rachel. Just a week ago."

"Nico Di Angelo and Will Solace." Rachel spoke, as if reading the old man's mind. He hung his head, and shook it sadly.

"Gone. Missing. We've searched the entire area of camp. I have contacted Naomi Solace, Will is not at home either. We haven't a clue where they've gone--Apollo and Hades haven't shown any signs."

"Do the others know?" Rachel asked.

"No. They had gone through enough. The last thing they need is another quest. I didn't want them worried."