Frank

I came here to be a dance announcer and I honestly feel so attacked right now
FRANK: It had been a great night.

Everybody loved the karaoke idea. Not to be vain, but I loved it too. It was probably one of the best things I'd ever thought of. Music brought people together. As I watched people dancing from the stage, it was simply amazing to see the walls that the songs were breaking down.

Whether it be a popular wizarding hit or a famous muggle song, everybody danced. The muggleborns and half-bloods taught the pureblooded folk various line dances to popular songs. I'll admit, it was entertaining to see the Hufflepuffs step up and teach the Slytherins cotton eye joe.

After a while, I couldn't help but notice even more wonderful things. Nico and Will had started a revolution by dancing together. Since then, wherever I looked people were dancing together without a care. Girls and girls, guys and guys, everybody with everybody. I'd even caught eye of a hesitant Gryffindor boy asking a Slytherin girl to dance. They were the second power couple of the night.

Speaking of power couple, it was almost time to announce the awards. Dumbledore had requested that the prefects try their hardest to unite all blood statuses tonight, since there had been so much unfortunate divisions in today's society.

I decided to incorporate a bit of a stereotypical muggle school dance tradition with tonight's ball. Each prefect came up with a different idea for a yearbook-like award.

I'll just give a quick summary of the next few minutes. I announced away after award. The recipients stood on stage as Colin Creevey took their pictures, since he had so eagerly volunteered to do so.

This award was for the best pranksters. The boy recipient was a tie between Fred and George, while the girl's award went to Ginny Weasley.

Next up was kindest boy and kindest girl. The boy's award went to me. It was a bit awkward handing myself an award and shaking my own hand, but it resulted in laughs so I was fine with it. As for the girl, the award went to Natalie Pierce. She seemed thrilled to get a picture with me.

The most likely to fall off their broom award went to Harry Potter and Annabeth Chase. People were still talking about how she had missed the snitch at the Ravenclaw/Gryffindor match. As for Harry, that was self-explanatory. With breaking his arm in his second year and the dementors in his third year, it was obvious he'd get it. Funnily enough, Annabeth was nowhere to be found--which was probably a good thing. She would have been quite embarrassed to have received this award. The weird thing was that Harry wasn't there either.

Next up was best dressed of the night. That award went to Hazel Levesque and Lee Jordan. Lee was wearing a light up tux with what were practically clown shoes, no doubt done as a dare from one of the twins. He took the award with pride, while Hazel was nowhere to be seen.

Most likely to crack a pun in an awkward situation, (yes, these were very specific awards) went to Leo Valdez and Susan Bones. No surprise there.

Best singer went to Will Solace and Natalie Pierce, since they were two of the four people who sang tonight. Between Leo's rendition of Selena, my duet with Will, and Will and Natalie's killer vocals, it was obvious they'd win.

The best dancer award went to Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, which was done as a bit of a joke. Still, they took the awards with smiles.

Most likely to succeed went to Piper McClean and Jason Grace. Piper stepped on stage her took her award with pride while Jason was nowhere to be seen. As she received the award, I pulled her aside.

"Where is everyone? I've announced them all and they haven't shown."

Piper hesitated.

"When you're done announcing, find me. We have a situation." She looked alarmed, but she insisted that I keep announcing. So, I did.