Jason

Ugh...just, ugh.
JASON: Percy was losing it. He paced around the common room like mad, talking through his scattered "ugh"s.

"Ugh!" Percy exclaimed. "Without Potter as our seeker tonight, Gryffindor is screwed! Merlin, I don't even know what to think!" He ranted on, pacing the ground.

"Potter is currently unconscious in the hospital wing, he's our key player, apart from me. Ugh! The game can't be canceled, you can't cancel Quidditch! But without Potter, we are screwed. Ugh!" He complained.

"Have you thought of quitting?" Leo offered. He had been hanging around us a lot more recently. Apart from the fact that he annoyed me at times, he was pretty fun to have around. I could say the same for Percy.

"Quitting, quitting? Why on earth would I quit?! That's a terrible idea, Leo." Percy ranted. "Ugh!"

Leo nudged me and whispered so Percy couldn't hear.

"The 'ugh' count is up to four," Leo said. "I bet you a sickle that when this conversation ends he'll make it to ten."

"You're on," I shook his hand. Nobody could possible say 'ugh' that many times.

"Ugh!" Percy continued. "With Potter out, that leaves me, Katie, and Angelina as chasers; Fred and George as beaters; Cormic as keeper, and nobody as a seeker! Bloody hell, we're screwed. Ugh!"

Leo smirked, holding up six fingers towards me.

"I can't believe it. Who attacked him? Who would attack Harry Potter?" Percy ranted. "Ugh!"

Seven.

"About half of my house would attack Harry Potter," Leo said. "Not me, of course. But I reckon the culprit is a Slytherin."

Leo looked ashamed to wear the green tie. He threw it on the ground.

"Cheer up, mate," I picked it up and tossed it back to him. "You can't blame yourself for other people in your house's stupidity. You're good, that's what matters."

Percy, oblivious to this conversation, continued his ranting.

"Ugh!" He said. That was eight. "I just don't know what we're going to do."

"Why don't you go for a fly?" I suggested, not believing that I had suggested it. "Clear your head."

"Ugh!" He said, more aggressively than any previous 'ugh.' "I'm just so frustrated."

"Oh, really? We didn't notice," Leo mumbled. I elbowed him.

"Percy, you can't control what happened to Percy. You can't control who plays seeker tonight. Just forget about it until the game!" Leo encouraged.

"Ugh." Percy sighed. I dug into my robe's pocket and reluctantly handed Leo a sickle. "Fine, sounds like a plan."

Percy seemed in higher spirits once we got outside. Once he got out his broom and began to fly you never would have bought he was upset in the first place.

Leo and I sat in the stands and watched.

"After the the game tonight, you, Percy, and I are going to meet in the room of requirement, don't forget," he said. "We'll need to be careful."

"Alright," I said. Leo and I continued to watch Percy. I envied him in that moment. Not for flying, of course. I could fly without a broom. I envied him for the fact that he had something that could make him feel so free. Percy had something that made him forget about the pressures facing us now. When he flew, he looked like a completely different person. Anybody watching him never would have known he was going through anything rough.