Will

I have a flashback of dead people and Annabeth has a theory
WILL: I was going to kill Frank Zhang.

The other day, my secret had slipped. So what? I'm gay. Who cares? I have many other traits that are far more interesting. Apparently Frank had cared. How else would other people know? Obviously, Susan wasn't the one who let it slip. She had told me her secret, that she fancied Hannah. There was no way she had been the one to tell other people in the house. Therefore, the criminal had to be Frank.

Of course the other girls in the house were talking about it. What else would they be talking about? They didn't know anything about my whole healing thing. Annabeth and Hazel were curious. How hard was it to understand that it wasn't their business?

Anyway, as I stood in front of the cabinet contemplating my greatest fear, I wondered which one would present itself first. Perhaps my fear of abandonment? Or maybe it would be my fear of vulnerability? I wondered, perhaps, it it would be my irrational fear of dragon flies. I'd always been a bit freaked out by those things.

When the cabinet door flung open, I was relieved to see that there was, in fact, no dragon fly. However, my relief was replaced with grief in an instant when I saw what was there instead.

"Hey, Solace." An injured boy was lying on the ground. His breathing was staggered,he was suffocating on his own blood. I could tell by how pale he was doing so quickly. He was bleeding internally in a number of places.

***
I find myself elsewhere, somewhere away from the room of requirement.

"Gods," I heard myself say. "Lee. Lee, stay with me. Okay? You're going to be fine." I stuttered. "I know I haven't finished my training yet but I can call on your dad. I can sing the hymn to Apollo and heal you, I can do it. You'll be fine."

It was like I was having a flashback I didn't even remember living.

Lee Fletcher coughed into his sleeve. He wiped the red away from his mouth.

"Will, it's okay." He whispered.

"No." I felt he tears coming on. I wiped them away. I began to chant the hymn of Apollo on Ancient Greek, my hands began to glow. Lee smiled to himself.

"You're going to go far, Will. It's only your first week here and you've done so much. Sorry you arrived at a--" he coughed, "bad time. I just knew you were a child of Apollo. Tell the Stoll brothers I won the bet."

When I placed my hands to his injuries, the glowing started to fade. Lee had taught me what this meant only a week ago. It wasn't good. It meant the injuries were too extensive. There was nothing more I could do.

"No...no! Come on, I can get some ambrosia and nectar! Somebody has to have some." I pleaded. "HELP!" I shouted. "Please, anyone!"

"You'll give us away, then we'll have two dead demigods." Lee coughed again. His breathing slowed. He looked calm, suddenly.

"Take my body back." He requested. "Tell Michael it's his time to shine. He can mentor you now, he's going to make a heck of a head counselor."

"Lee, no. Please! Only a few more minutes, somebody will come to help!"

"You will be okay." He looked me in the eye. "Make Apollo proud. Okay? And give the ares kids hell from me during the next capture the flag game. Last time Clarisse La Rue trapped me in a net. Not my finest moment." He sighed, then allowed a small smile. "Make Apollo proud." He repeated. "But not too proud, sometimes that guy's pride is enough for all of the gods and goddesses combined."