Percy

I complain about water, have detention, and complain about water some more

PERCY: I hate water.

What's the point of it anyways, right? Hah, it's just some plain, boring liquid. It's basically the vanilla ice cream of drinks.

No one's favorite ice cream is really vanilla. They claim it is simply because it's the original, then they lock themselves away in a room shoveling shameful spoonfuls of their actual favorite ice cream (chocolate, cookie dough, moose tracks, rocky road, etcetera) into their mouths. It's the same with water! People claim they love it because it's a "necessity." Deep down, they really prefer the other drinks...orange juice, chocolate milk, soda, whatever.

My point?

Water is stupid. It's just...stupid.

Why have I developed this sudden distaste for the drink, you may ask?

Hah...uh, long story.

Remember way back at the beginning of the week when I had a not-so-pleasant encounter with Chase? The water fountain literally exploded beside me. At first I thought it was a weird coincidence, things at school do weird things like that all the time. It was an unpredictable place! Exploding water fountains were nothing.

It had been a habit that before I went to bed every night I set a glass of water beside my bed. It was convenient if I woke up feeling thirsty. All week I had woke up from strange nightmares, always waking up drenched in water. The glass beside bed would be knocked over beside me, like I had done it. I found the whole thing very bizarre; Adding the tattoo and the thestrals to the mix made it all even more complicated.

I decided I'd fetch Jason tonight and talk to him about it. He was the only other person who had the tattoo, maybe other strange things were happening to him as well?

When I stepped into McGonagall's office for detention I didn't know what to expect.
Frank was already there sitting in a chair across from her desk. He looked on edge. He definitely didn't look like a kid who you'd expect to be in detention.

"Hey, Frank." I mumbled, taking a seat beside him.

"Sorry I'm late professor." I said, out of habit.

"Actually," she checked her watch. "You were right on time. Miss Levesque is the late one."

As if on cue, the door opened. The girl who I had encountered in the halls walked in.

"Sorry, I was--"

"No worries," McGonagall interrupted. "Let us discuss your punishments. Mr. Zhang, you were caught at the scene of a strange situation. Mr. Valdez claims that you were in no way involved, but he has been known for lying to professors and students alike to get others out of their messes. I am sorry if you were in no way involved in the 'accidental' burning of the broom shed, but I had no other choice. I couldn't risk not punishing you if you had done it."

"I understand completely professor." Frank replied. He even went as far as to straighten his posture. He was a model student, and a well-rounded individual all around. I envied him.

"Miss Levesque, Hermione Granger reported to me that you were out after curfew. Since she is a prefect of my house, she insisted on taking it to me instead of Professor Sprout. I don't want details about why you were out after hours, I just hope you will have learned your lesson after this detention."

The girl nodded.

"Will do, professor."

"As for you, Mr. Jackson..." She pursed her lips, which was never a good sign.