Hermione

I get one point of view this whole story and it's so boring the author forgot about it altogether

HERMIONE:
"Where are you going now? I haven't offended you as well, have I?" Asked Ron, being his oh-so-considerate self. Please, note my sarcasm. I shoved my books back into my bag and slung it loosely over my shoulder.

"You can stop with the puppy dog stare, Ronald. You haven't upset me. I'm just going to the library to organize the rest of these timetables. I've got to organize these for the first years so I can pass them out tomorrow morning. Care to join me?"

"Ugh," Ron complained. "The library? Honestly, 'Mione. It isn't even the official first day yet!"

I sighed. He was stubborn, annoying, and quite inconsiderate at times. Still, he was my best friend. I had to put up with it.

***

When we got to the library, there weren't many people there. The only time the library got even close to being crowded was during the weeks of exams. At that time, it was packed with students who had never studied before, hoping they could cram a year's worth of information into their minuscule brains in a limited amount of time.

People can think what they want about me. People can call me a nerd, uptight, and a perfectionist. But those people are the same ones crying themselves to sleep, scared they won't make it to their next year at Hogwarts.

Right now, the only people occupying the library were a Hufflepuff boy, Ron, and me. I recognized him from the prefect meeting. I couldn't quite remember his name, however.

"Is here okay?" Ron asked. We both set our stuff down at a small, round table near the closest shelf of books. I got out the schedules McGonagall had handed me earlier and spread them across the table.

"What exactly are we supposed to be doing then? The schedules are already made. I don't see any point in--"

"Can you go one sentence without complaining?" I shot. Surprisingly, Ron's face fell and he shut his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressed is all. Harry has been really worrying me. Haven't you noticed his change in attitude?"

Ron nodded in agreement.

"I have. But after all, he went through last year and all he's going through with the ministry, I think he's got every excuse to be a bit annoyed." Ron paused, then his eyes widened.

"What?"

"Harry mentioned in his letter something about having a strange dream. His scar...I think he mentioned his scar had been hurting? Oh no, that can only mean--You don't think--"

I shrugged. "We can confront him. Not tonight, though. I think he's had enough of us today. In all honesty, he could just be having nightmares. With what he's witnessed-" I shuddered at the thought of Cedric's limp corpse being presented before the school, "-a few nightmares here and there are completely understandable. We can talk to him and I think he'll like to vent a little bit. He's been stuck with those rotten relatives of his for a whole summer and it's not like they're the most considerate. I doubt they've asked him a thing about last school year! It just angers me because so many people at this school think that all muggles are rotten, and they aren't! The Dursleys are just a bad example of what a real muggle household is like. I get treated poorly because I'm muggle-born and my parents are the most decent people you could ever meet!" I complained. Ron took a moment before responding.

"Woah there, you said I complained a lot. That must've been a mouthful." He teased. I rolled my eyes. Like I said, inconsiderate.

"Kidding. But you're right, Harry's been through a lot. We just need to give him some space. And Hermione...Don't listen to fools like Malfoy. You're the smartest witch at this school."

"Hah, sure," I said, sarcastically. "I'm sure there are loads of Ravenclaws with a lot more smarts."

"Shush, that right there is the stupidest thing you could ever say. You're the smartest here and you know it!" I could feel my face redden.

"Ron-"

"I'm serious! Hermione, half of the professors here would have a lower score than you on our O.W.Ls. You're bloody brilliant!"

"Ronald, honestly!"

Ron looked like he was going to continue babbling on, that is until the Hufflepuff cleared his throat and turned to our table.

"Hermione Granger, isn't it?" He asked.

I nodded. Ron seemed slightly offended to have been interrupted.

"I just wanted to say, if you're interested in tutoring I know that Professor Dumbledore was going to have a meeting on Saturday for those who were interested. All you have to do is give him your best subject, what your usual statistics in classes are, and he'll assign you to a student who happens to be struggling. I did it once my fifth year. I helped a friend in transfiguration...You'd probably be pretty good at it."

"I--I dunno, I have a lot on my schedule," I admitted.

"It's no trouble! You can arrange the dates on the weekends so they won't interfere, or on whatever weekday works best for you." He stood up and gathered his things, he was reading a book about the history of Animagi. Three books on the subject, to be exact. He stuffed each of them into his bag.

"Give it a shot, that's what I'd suggest. I'm not able to do it much this year, but I know you'll be great! Have a good night then."

"Wait!" I said, just as he began to walk away. He turned back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Oh! That's alright, I'm Frank. I actually have corridor duties with you in a few days. See you then." He smiled and nodded to Ron and me before leaving the library.

"He was kind," I noted. Ron shrugged to himself.

"Seemed to have a bit of an ego, to me."

We spent the rest of the night organizing the rest of the timetables so they were ready to pass out tomorrow morning. With all I had on my own timetable this year, I was kind of hoping I could fit in tutoring. Maybe I could talk to McGonagall about adding one last thing to my schedule...