Annabeth

I'm swept off my feet, quite literally, by the most annoying boy in all of Hogwarts

ANNABETH:
I knew today was going to be a bad day. It all started when I realized I hadn't remembered to set my alarm clock. It was one of my dorm mates, Cho, who had awoken me.

"Annabeth, class begins in only a few minutes. Aren't you going to get up?"

I shot awake.

"Why didn't anyone wake me?" I exclaimed. She shrugged.

"I don't know. During your six years here at Hogwarts, none of us have seen you sleep in once! Not even on weekends. We thought you'd want to bit of rest." She handed me my robes and tie. "Sorry, you better hurry."

I managed to make it to class right on time. My first class today was double potions with Slytherin. The Slytherins in my year weren't all that bad. Our houses mostly kept to ourselves. It was unfortunate having a class with Slytherin when I was a muggle-born myself. These were hard times, especially with someone of my blood status.

When Snape stepped to the front of the classroom, everyone went silent. All apart from a few Slytherin students who knew they wouldn't get in too much trouble having Snape as their head of house. He ignored them.

"This year I am going to assign your potion lab partners, instead of having you choose yourself. It seems when I allow you to choose yourself, your work turns out less than satisfactory." Students grumbled amongst themselves. I'll admit, I took part on the grumbling as well. No matter who I got put with, I would end up doing all of the work anyway. I just hoped it would be someone I could at least put up with.

He assigned partner after partner, and my name wasn't called. I began to notice a common theme. He was assigning his students with ours. I had no choice; I was going to be put with one of the Slytherins.

"Piper McClean, Annabeth Chase." A pretty girl stood up. She made her way to my desk, and took a seat without looking back at her grumbling house members who weren't pleased with their partners.

"Hi! Um, I'm Annabeth." I greeted. The girl laughed.

"Yeah, I got that myself, thanks."

"Right, sorry."

She seemed annoyed, which wasn't uncommon for members of her house. I don't think it was me who she was annoyed by, however. I had a feeling her feelings were directed towards a curly-haired boy from her house who glared at her from afar.

Snape droned on about the usual rules and expectations for his class. No one paid much attention, as usual. I even found myself nodding off on more than one occasion. For some reason, I simply couldn't focus.

"Sir." After the end of Snape's speech, the curly-haired Slytherin boy raised his hand.

Snape glared in his direction.

"Um, you didn't assign me a partner." He said.

Piper rolled her eyes and looked down at her desk.

"Then choose a group, Valdez." Snape turned away. "I expect you can do that without my assistance."

I began working on the assigned potion. Piper said something. I didn't quite comprehend what it was because something on the desk had distracted me.

I froze. For a moment, I forgot how to breathe. I forgot how to speak. I couldn't even move. I don't know why I reacted in this way, but I was overcome with fear.

"Hey, Pipes! Looks like I'm joining your group." The Valdez kid took a seat at our table. Piper glared at him.

"I'm still not particularly pleased with you, Leo." She mumbled.