Piper

I dream about hypothermia and my friend exploding
PIPER: I know Leo wants to rebuild our friendship. I couldn't be mad at him for that. Honestly, I appreciated his protective nature. Back when we were close, we'd always had a brother/sister friendship. We annoyed each other. There were times we'd wanted to kill each other. Yet at the same time, we protected each other. We loved each other and that love can't be destroyed through a silly argument. He had simply gone over the edge with his protective nature. If he'd simply back off of Draco, everything would be fine again. I could easily be friends with both Draco and Leo.

Leo constantly said that Draco was trying to manipulate me. He claimed that Draco had me wrapped around his finger. I thought it was the other way around. Draco would do anything I asked at a mere suggestion. He was almost obsessed with me, and though it sounds vain, I kind of liked his attention.

"The accusations are complete rubbish, can you believe anyone is buying his garbage? The prophet's newest article about him has got to be my favorite. It called him mental, a liar! I'm glad the people are starting to see Potter for what he really is." You could simply look at Draco and see he was trying way too hard with the rich boy attitude. Some say he walked around thinking he owned the world; I think he stumbled around trying to get a grasp on it.

He was sat on the most decent single chair in the room, with his feet crossed on a footrest. He smirked as he read, the prophet in one hand, an apple in the other. The apple was something I didn't quite understand. We had just eaten supper. Why did he feel the need to drag the apple all the way to the common room, instead of just eating it in the great hall? I think he had brought it with him purely for aesthetic purposes, at which I so excelled.

"What do you think, Piper?" Millicent asked me. I shrugged.

"Politics aren't my forte," I admitted. "I prefer picking and choosing my enemies over varying characteristics. It makes life more interesting."

Draco scoffed. "Surely you despise him. That Potter, walking around as if the world owes him something."

"Why don't you like him, Draco? Not that I do. I've never spoken to that Potter boy. I'm simply curious. What has he done to you?" I asked.

Draco seemed taken aback by that comment.

"Pff! Piper, he's--he's POTTER!" He exclaimed, "He's Harry Potter!"

"And you're Draco Malfoy! And she's Millicent Bullstrode, I'm Piper McClean." I applauded sarcastically. "I'm glad we got introductions out of the way. Great job, I see you've been working on your manners, Draco!"

If anyone else had said such a thing to Draco, he would've exploded in them. Because I was the one who said it, he gave a hard laugh.

"Piper, you kill me."

"That's my goal."

He doubled over in laughter. Pansy glared at me with envy. Millicent and I exchanged looks, both looks saying the same thing: man, this boy is trying too hard. Like I said, I had him wrapped around my finger. Leo was paranoid. I had nothing to worry about.

"I'll get you to see our views--the right views soon, Piper. Sooner or later, you'll start taking me more seriously." He lectured, adding a teasing smirk.

"I'll take you more seriously the day you remember to zip your fly up all the way, Draco." He did just that in embarrassment. I smirked to myself in satisfaction.