Magnus

We find our way to our friends

MAGNUS: These people would've fit in perfectly on floor nineteen because they held a common trait that we all had: they were insane.

Thalia looked like she could kill somebody just by staring at them. Her shield freaked me out. Additionally, her archery skills were terrifyingly accurate.

Reyna had this calmness to her that made me uneasy. I knew she didn't trust me yet, same as I didn't exactly trust her. Whenever I looked away, she glanced at me. It was like she was observing my body, trying to decide which spot she could stab that would kill me the fastest.

My favourite was the satyr. He had the optimistic attitude we all needed. Still, I could tell he was worried. When he looked at me I knew he was thinking of Annabeth and Percy. He had a mournful look that made me feel like a dead man walking—which I was—but that's beside the point!

Mrs. O'Leary and Thalia picked us up and shadow travelled us back to Reyna and Grover. Shadow travelling was a way of travelling I would not recommend, I'd give it about two stars out of five. Why shadow travel and risk death when you can Uber just as easily and risk death instead?

Thalia tried to take charge. She said we'd march into town and find this St. Mungo's place if it was the last thing we did. She tried to take charge yet she had no clue what we were doing, none of us did. This was just my kind of quest.

This led up to where we are right now! Alex was skipping along the sidewalk. Alex seemed quite enthusiastic, probably excited to meet my cousin's friends. Alex and Annabeth had met each other briefly before my last quest, they had hit it off. Alex especially liked Percy, said that he was impulsive and that was great. Alex wanted to meet the others: Piper, Jason, Leo, Nico, Will, Hazel, and especially Frank since he and Alex shared a similar gift.

"We aren't making much progress." I pointed out. Thalia's eyes shot me like daggers. Reyna's were even sharper, but I sensed that Reyna trusted me more than Thalia did. "Shouldn't we like, I don't know, ask for directions?"

"When men are willing to ask for directions, you know the situation is dire."

Thanks for that input, Alex.

"Well if you're so bored then why don't you ask somebody?" Thalia suggested.

"I'm not bored! No action is good in a quest, it's less likely to result in death. But really, asking questions and making suggestions is better than doing nothing at all."

Thalia and Reyna locked eyes, having a silent conversation while Grover, Alex and I sat and waited. I hated waiting.

"Go, go ask some strangers about St. Mungo's." Grover answered while they were still silently discussing. "Thalia, Reyna, and I need to come up with a plan once we find Annabeth or whoever we'll find. We need to talk it through before we just run into this place. In the mean time, go on and search. What can it hurt?"

Now both Reyna and Thalia were silently arguing with Grover.

Alex and I walked the streets of London, looking through the crowds of people. Who could I approach first, what would I say?

"What's your battle plan here, genius?" Alex asked, failing to hide an expression of amusement.

"You're waiting for me to fail." I thought aloud.

"I'm not waiting for you to fail, I want you to succeed! I just think it would be entertaining if you did fail at this approach." Alex smirked, yawning with boredom.

"Wow, thanks!" I replied.

Everybody needs a friend as supportive as Alex.

The first person I approached was a boy who reminded me a bit of my friend Hearth. He was tall, pale, and he wore a scarf. Guys with scarves made the best of friends.