Percy

I have a minor crisis about horses and quidditch
PERCY: The horses were there. I hadn't imagined them, had I? Yet, Jason had looked at me as if I was insane.

Perhaps the mysterious horses pulling the carriages would be something I'd question later. I was pulled from my thoughts as I overheard the Weasley twins discussing this year's Quidditch team.

"Tryouts are this Saturday, we can't wait!" Fred Weasley exclaimed. "We may even convince ickle Ronnie to join the team this year!" Fred and George simultaneously noogied their brother. Ron pushed their hands away, ignoring them, and turned back to a conversation with Harry and Hermione.

"Let me guess, taking your usual place as beaters I presume?" I asked.

George grinned wildly.

"And I reckon Harry's trying for the seeker position, as usual," I added.

"Of course!" Harry exclaimed from across the table. "Where else? I don't think you'd fancy Seeker, same as I wouldn't enjoy playing your position as chaser! Plan on switching it up this year, Percy?"

I smirked. "Of course!" I joked. "Hermione and Ron can join as beaters, you, George, and Fred can be chasers, and I'll take seeker!"

Hermione scoffed. "Yeah, that's likely."

We all laughed.

"Well, we're missing quite a few spots, what with Wood being gone and all. What newbies do you think will join this year?" I asked. Fred and George thought about it. After a moment, Fred spoke up.

"Think you could convince Grace this year?" The twins gestured towards Jason, sitting at the end of the table alone.

"Maybe, I mean I have seen the kid fly. He's tough, wicked quick as well. Chaser? Or perhaps, our new keeper?" I sighed in defeat, "I've tried getting through to that guy for the past few years. What makes you two think this year's going to be any different?"

George shrugged. "Never know until you try! Go, talk to him!" George shoved me in Jason's direction. Because I knew they weren't going to give up any time soon, I took a seat beside Jason. The twins gave me a thumb's up from a distance.

"Hey, Grace!" Jason finally looked up from his book to me, seemingly annoyed. I felt bad for the kid, every year he sat alone at the feast, alone in classes, alone in the common room, alone everywhere! Hogwarts was the place I looked forward to returning to everywhere! It's a place where I was surrounded by other crazy people like me and I could easily slide into any group and find something in common with someone! Well, except for maybe the Slytherins.

Still, Jason was different. He was reclusive, stubborn, and so introverted I'm surprised he hasn't just caved in on himself--that's a scary thought. I just wanted the guy to feel welcome, that's all.

"Jackson?" Jason nodded in my direction and continued reading his paper.

"Hah, yeah. Uh, any chance I could convince you to join the team? I promise, this is the last time I'll ask! Tryouts out this Saturday."

"I'm a bit occupied that day."

"With?" Jason's face turned as red as the scarlet on his tie.

"Studying."

I scoffed. "This is the first week of school! Nobody studies except for Granger."

"I'm allowed to study!" Jason defended.

"What else can you possibly have going on? You're the shyest guy in our year, you can't be too busy to join the team." Jason slammed his book shut and glared at me. In one swift movement, he swept his books into his arms and stormed out of the great hall before the feast had even begun.