Harry

A lot of people pass out and die

HARRY: Just as I thought we were starting to get the hang of things in this battle, all hell broke loose.

Let's go back a few minutes before what Piper told you, okay? Let's go back to the point in battle where I began to think we might have a chance.

Sure, Hermione and Ron were unconscious. Following that incident, Nico collapsed as well. We were three men down, but nobody was greatly injured yet. But of course, after I thought that, Magnus and Jack went down for good. They were dead.

Okay, I thought then. We're down a couple, but it could always be worse.

Jason passed out.

Alright. He can always recover.

I found myself fighting alongside Ginny and Leo. They were both strong fighters, no doubt. Leo hardly needed Ginny and I's guidance. We'd simple shout a direction and Leo would send flames in that way. It was a pretty good system.

"Cover me," Leo said. "I'm gonna go check on Jason and see if he's woken up. While I'm at it, I'll check on Piper, haven't seen her in awhile. She ran off to help Grover then never came back." Leo ran off further into the battle to find them.

Ginny and I were surrounded shortly after Leo left. While this was a tough situation, we were both great with a wand. I had underestimated Ginny's dueling abilities. I'm sure she'd give Flitwick a run for his money. She was that good.

We were in sync. Every time a new threat appeared, we could read each other's actions that quickly. Ginny and I were quite the team.

"Being your date at the ball wasn't as unbearable as I thought it'd be. You know, before you got yourself kidnapped by Natalie I mean," Ginny said as she dueled with a girl who had an awfully large nose underneath her death eater mask. I wonder if Voldemort had let her join the death eaters out of pure envy for the nose he lacked. "I've heard that Hogsmede has a lower kidnapping rate if that suits your needs."

"Ginny Weasley, are you asking me on a date in the middle of battle?"

She laughed.

"Get with the times, Harry. It's perfectly acceptable for a girl to ask a guy. You'd never get the courage to do it, though I may as well take my chance. Bullseye!" Ginny exclaimed, as she took out a death eater in the distance with a stunning spell.

"No, it's not that! Obviously I don't care about that, anyone can ask anyone on a date, nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying your timing is interesting—watch your left."

"Oh, thanks." Ginny took out the guy approaching from her left side using perificus totalus.

"Well, you haven't given me an answer yet," Ginny pointed out. "Tick tock, chosen one."

"Yes, Hogsmede is fine. How about next weekend?" I suggested.

Ginny smirked, pleased.

"Sounds splendid."

"Won't Ron kill me?" I asked. Ginny shrugged.

"Ron's too busy being unconscious with his girlfriend. If he has a problem with it, I'll just point out to him that I lasted longer in battle." Ginny laughed as a death eater tripped over a small tomb stone. The death eater glared at her and began charging.

"Hey, Percy! Back me up?" Ginny called.

Ginny used aguementi to summon a floating line of water. Percy used his ability to use the water and knock the charging death eater down. Percy and Ginny high-fived.