Annabeth

Percy Jackson makes a fool of me
ANNABETH: I was going to kill Percy Jackson.

I had been informed today that I was supposed to tutor both Jason and Percy after classes. Of course, neither of them bothered to show up. Any moment now, Snape would be poking his greasy head into the potions room to see how the tutoring was going and I would be forced to throw them under the bus and tell him they had bailed.

After ten minutes of waiting, the door opened. Snape walked in, dragging Percy Jackson by the sleeve.

"I found Jackson in the halls. Care to explain?" Snape glared at Percy, waiting for an explanation.

Percy glanced at me for help. He had a desperate look in his eyes that said he had to tell me something. I didn't know what it was, but he seemed anxious.

"He was here," I lied.

Snape glared at me.

"What?"

"He had to go to the bathroom." I said.

"Then why do you not have any potions out?" Snape sneered.

"I was seeing what Percy knew from memory. We were going over terms."

Snape studied me for a moment then faced Percy with a look of annoyance.

"Where is Grace? I told both of you to come here after classes and get tutored!"

"He wasn't feeling well, professor. Surely, you understand that." Percy said. Him and Snape seemed to have some sort of understanding. Snape rolled his eyes.

"Get. To. Work!" He lectured. Snape left the room, the door slamming shut behind him.

"I'm so sorry!" Percy held up his hands in defense. "Jason said we shouldn't bother going since there isn't much time left for this tutoring session. I needed to talk to you about something--about what happened in defense against the dark arts today. Our boggarts, Annabeth. We need to talk about that!" Percy pleaded.

"Follow me, please. I need to show you something. It won't give us many answers, but it gave me a couple."

My stomach dropped. God, no. Percy Jackson couldn't be a part of this too. I had been denying it since the boggart incident. Still, I followed him. We did our best to dodge professors in the hallways. I hoped more than anything that Snape wouldn't check back in on the classroom to see how things were going. He would be irate to see that we had left!

"Percy, whatever it is we can talk about it in the classroom!" I protested. Still, I followed him.

"You've been having visions," he said. "You woke up this week with some power, I bet! I'm telling you this because you aren't the only one, Annabeth!"

He stopped in an empty hall. He paced back and forth a few times. The door to the room of requirement appeared before us. He glanced at me to see my reaction.

"You don't seem surprised?" He said.

I nodded.

"That's because I've been here today, Jackson." I opened the door. Percy followed me inside and we stared at the door as it vanished behind us.

"And I'm well aware that I'm not the only one who's been having visions." I sat on the floor in the center of the room. A comfortable mat appeared beneath me.

Percy leaned against the wall and crossed his arm.

"Ahead of me as always, Chase," he said. He ran his hand through his hair and messed it all up. Why did boys do that?