Percy

I offer an inspirational speech
PERCY: Jason was trying to hide the fact that he was throwing up in the locker room bathroom stall. Hiding the fact that you're throwing up is a pretty obvious fact to hide. Whenever I'd call his name, he'd shout: "be out in a minute--I'm changing into my Quidditch robes!" Then he would proceed to cough and gag. Not a pretty sound.

Nobody else from the team was in here, everyone else had left already. They were out of the field warming up, probably waiting for Jason and I.

I couldn't wait any longer. I unlocked the stall with my wand and opened the stall door. Just as I had expected, Jason was leaning over the toilet.

"Nervous?" I asked. I knelt beside him. "It's okay to be nervous."

He shook his head.

"I don't know if I can do this, Percy," he said. "All of those people..."

"It's okay, Jason," I insisted. "You don't have to do this. I won't force you too."

I didn't say anything. Percy sighed.

"Do you want to know who my hero is, Jason?" I asked. I took a seat on the locker room benches. Again, he didn't say anything.

"My mom," I continued." He had probably expected me to say something cheesy like Albus Dumbledore or some famous Quidditch player. This caught his attention.

"She's the most persistent, loyal, and fierce person I've ever met," I chuckled to myself. "Not only is she kind, but she's also selfless. She always puts me before her. She's always looking out for me, even if it means she's putting herself in danger..."

Jason knew that my stepdad Gabe isn't the nicest guy. He didn't know much else about the matter.

"Anyways, whenever I'm about to do something big or important, I always ask myself who I'm doing it for. If you do an action for somebody you love, it makes you work all that much more strong. It gives you a reason to succeed, rather than just pleasing yourself."

He sat up from his kneeling position and took a seat beside me.

"I get nervous for every game I play. But when I tell myself I'm playing for my mother, I know I'll always do my best," I finished. Jason stared at his shoes.

"Play for somebody, Jason. If you still want to play, playing for somebody makes it easier," I encouraged.

"Okay," he seemed to have a person in mind. He stood. "I'll do it."

Excellent.

We walked out to the field together just in time for the game to start. The teams lined up on their brooms and we merged in with the Gryffindor team.

"Just out of curiosity, who are you playing for?" I asked. Jason smirked to himself.

"You and Valdez," he admitted. "I've just became friends with you blokes, yet you're the most loyal, fierce people I know."

I stared at Jason filled with gratitude.

"Jason, that's---"

"Mount your brooms," Hooch announced. We all prepared ourselves.

"That's really something." I finished my statement. Jason chuckled to himself. Hooch gave us the signal, and we took off.