Hazel

We face our fears
HAZEL: Classes were a bore. It wasn't fair that the older students were allowed to do something more interesting, Boggarts, and we were forced to sit back and study Basilisks. They were giant snakes, what else was there to know?

Divination was the same as ever. All week, students would snicker as Trelawney gave me wary looks. She looked nauseated every time she looked at me. Which not-so-surprisingly wasn't a great self esteem booster. The students weren't helping, they constantly snickered and called me good names. Ginny insisted they were laughing with me, not at me, but I could see the dirty looks she gave them when she thought my back was turned. She was just as annoyed by it as I was.

Unfortunately, Ginny wouldn't be back until tomorrow. She had left Saturday night with Harry and her brother to check on the twins at St. Mungo's. Apparently, they hadn't been doing too good. It made me sick to think it could have been my fault. Since she was gone, I was left to fend for myself in Divination today. It was awful.

Divination aside, my day was looking up. Annabeth, Will, and I were going to get to the bottom of things. Tonight, we were meeting in our common room to test our abilities. Will with his healing, me with my weird illusionistic ability and my rock summoning, and we were going to pose possible theories as to whether Annabeth had a magical role in all of this. That's where I was heading right now, the Hufflepuff common room, where Annabeth and Will would be waiting for me.

***

"Heya Hazel." Annabeth greeted. Will was pacing the ground. He hardly nodded I was there.

"There has to be some reasoning. It can't just had randomly happened, nothing is random in the universe. Coincidences don't exist, they're destiny. All I'm wondering is, why us?" Will mumbled to himself.

"Nice to see you too, Will." I sat on the sofa beside Annabeth.

"He's driving himself mad. Heck, he's driving me mad." Annabeth whispered to me. We both giggled at that. Will, of course, didn't acknowledge it.

"I don't understand why you're so stressed about this. We've been having the visions as well, and you don't see us waving our hands around, spouting off conspiracies. Before we know it you're going to put on a tinfoil had and claim that aliens have abducted us, and that's why you two woke up with powers." Annabeth complained. We both laughed at this.

Will glared at her.

"You do even know what this is like, you didn't wake up with powers, Annabeth."

I glared at Will, whose face reddened as soon as he said it.

"You know, just because you're in a crabby mood, that doesn't mean you have to take the rest of us down with you. Stop acting so crazy about all of this! We're all going through it, not just you. Besides, so what if Annabeth doesn't have some random power? She has more smarts than both of us combined." I lectured.

Will hung his head.

"Sorry, Annabeth. I didn't mean to...I'm just stressed."

"We all are. The sooner you get your head out of your ass, the sooner you'll realize that." I said.

"Your ability," Annabeth said, hoping to break the tension. "You can heal people. Can you do anything else? I mean, Hazel can summon different kinds of rocks or whatever, and she can manipulate what people see. What can you do?"

Will shrugged.

"I can heal people, obviously. And just by a touch of the hand, I can diagnose them as well."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Wait, really? I didn't know you could diagnose people."

He nodded.