Percy

I have déjà vu
PERCY: Looking back wasn't one of my favorite hobbies.

Before our little Hogwarts adventure, when I was my real self, I'd be forced to look back every night when my head hit my pillow. My mind would force me to relive every awful situation I'd been through until I fell asleep. And falling asleep was no escape either, that's when the nightmares continued.

When I'd wake up, things wouldn't be much different. I'd still have the same nervous energy as when I was within the nightmare. I was constantly on edge, waiting for the next prophecy to send my friends and I away to our demise. It wasn't a way to live.

In a way, I could have been a bit grateful for Hera's little experiment. She had given me a fake life with issues ranging as far as quidditch matches and potions essays. It wasn't perfect, of course. In my Hogwarts life, Gabe was still my stepfather. I didn't ask Hera about that, assuming she had only paid attention to the adventurous parts of my life. She probably didn't know or didn't care about the fact that I had a new stepfather, Paul. But I digress.

Getting my memories back was like waking up from another nightmare, disappointed to realize that the scariness of it all was still there.

"Guys!" Jason exclaimed. "Nico just agreed to a hug!"

"I said one hug, Jason. Only one," Nico complained. "Limit of 2 seconds max."

"A synchronized group hug can count as one hug..." Leo thought aloud.

"No, no, no, can I shadow travel out of here and back to camp?" Nico complained, though he didn't.

We all stepped forward and hugged one another. The others joined in as well, Thalia, Reyna, Grover, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Harry. Draco had stayed back at the Slytherin house, falling back asleep before he could join us. He wasn't my favorite person, so I wasn't complaining that he wasn't here.

I was in between Hazel and Jason. Annabeth was across from me in the group. As we locked eyes, she mouthed something.

"You okay?"

Leave it up to Annabeth to figure out my emotions within seconds of them returning. I shrugged it off, not wanting to alarm her.

As we released, Hera coughed a 'can I have your attention' sort of cough.

"We have agreed on one night. You can all stay here for another day, but tonight I will send you home. I will alter all of your memories, erasing the past few weeks. I'm Hogwarts time, it will be the beginning of the school year once more. As for the demigods, time will resume at campfire, the night Leo Valdez returned from Calypso's island."

(A/N: Again, we are ignoring the accurate events of trials of Apollo)

That was the night before we were sent here, I recall. Quite a night that had been. One moment your team is winning at capture the flag, the next moment everybody is screaming about something falling from the sky.

It wasn't just something, it was a large metal dragon. It wasn't falling, it was flying towards camp, carrying Leo and Calypso.

Needless to say, nobody won capture the flag that night. The game never resumed. We spent the rest of the nights setting up lines of people who wanted to punch Leo for scaring us into thinking he was dead. They were long lines. I went twice.

"Oh, so the gods knew I was returning from Calypso's island, but they just turned a blind eye and offered no assistance? That's nice to know." Leo complained.

"What did you expect? They don't care." I replied. Annabeth stared at me for a long moment, her having been the only one who had heard my comment.