Jason

I recognize a girl with a similar strange symbol on her arm and the author forgets about it until way later in the story oops

🤦‍♀️😉

JASON: My day had already gone off to quite a bad start. I hadn't meant to start the feud that went on in the common room. I was only reading this morning's prophet, having assumed everyone else has already received it. I didn't even believe the rubbish it said about Harry in it! I thought he was a decent kid who had gone through a lot. Of course, I only knew my day was going to get worse. It was Saturday, the full moon was tonight.

I didn't have much of an appetite at breakfast. The other few students who decided to wake up on this Saturday morning didn't have the same attitude as me. The morning people piled dollops of butter on their toast and continued to take helpings of the eggs and pancakes on the table before us. I felt myself getting queasy looking at all of the food. All except for the large pile of bacon in the corner. I'd never been much of a meat eater, but the bacon was calling to me. I could almost hear it calling my name...

"Uh, Jason?" Unfortunately, I was mistaken. Instead of the bacon calling my name, it was Percy. "You with us?"

I yawned and sat up in my seat. I had apparently daydreamed to the point of closing my eyes.

"Everything okay? You dozed off. I would've let you rest, but you sort of, um, sort of dozed right into my toast."

Huh, so that's why my elbow felt kind of sticky.

"Sorry," I mumbled. He handed me a napkin and I brushed away the crumbs and butter from my arm in embarrassment. After I cleaned up, I found my eyes wandering to the bacon. I was transfixed, I barely heard what Percy said next.

"Want a piece? There's plenty to go around. Hardly anyone goes to breakfast on the weekends." Percy offered.

"No, I'm fine." I didn't even like bacon that much, why was so eager? Wait. Werewolf. Meat. Duh.

The morning owls flew into the room, dropping letters, newspapers, and packages all across the room. Percy seemed disappointed having not received a letter.

Suddenly, Percy's expression lit up. An owl perched its feet right on the edge of Percy's drink. It then dropped the letter on the table, in front of me, and dropped a little something special in Percy's drink.

"That's it, I'm not eating breakfast again." He complained, pushing his owl feces filled goblet aside. "I'm assuming the letter is for you." He complained.

Sure enough, the letter had my name printed on the outside in handwriting I recognized from a year of having attended his classes. I didn't even have to open the letter to know it was from Lupin.

"Jason,
Good luck today, son. Remember that you can write to me anytime you need anything or have questions. Though, you know tonight is not the best night for both of us to meet. However much I do wish I could be by your side tonight, it will only cause more trouble for the both of us.

Here's just a reminder that you're going to have urges today. You're going to present more wolf-like traits. You're going to feel a bit dazed. You can't lose yourself, don't forget who you are. That is the number one thing to remember! If you have a more stable state of mind before the transformation, your form will be less aggressive. It will take focus and practice, but I know you can manage this.

Remember to allow yourself to live, Jason! Make friends and memories, enjoy your time at Hogwarts! Stay safe, and don't isolate yourself!"

I found it strange that my own mother wasn't writing to me. She had been helpful during this summer when I got bit. I figured she'd at least think to write to me.