Will

Frank solves my dilemma with a lactose intolerance analogy

WILL: Madam Pomfrey had be working my tail off that night. I had to help talk to many kids who were getting awful headaches because of the situation, including myself. I had to calm down students who were friends with Fred and George, comforting them and urging them back to their houses. The worst part of it all was that I had hardly any time to go to the library. That was the only place I had been able to think all week, and every day I ran into Nico. Of course, I hadn't had a conversation with him since the first night he had caught me in the library. He seemed to always know what I was thinking and it creeped me out. I was avoiding him, I always left the library the second he came in. Then again, I always went to the library because I knew he would visit. Was I really avoiding him? I don't know. I had bigger problems.

Fred and George were in a worse state than Madam Pomfrey had initially thought. They were transferred to St. Mungo's that night. Hazel was released as well, she had just needed some sleep. I knew my guess about her having visions was correct because she looked just as sleep deprived as I did.

I knew I needed sleep, but I went to the library still. I couldn't help it.

***

I'd completely reread the book on visions to see if I had missed anything. Again, I was left disappointed. It was frustrating! How could I be having these visions of people I never knew, and of people I did know but in a past that never happened? I examined it myself, Annabeth had in fact broken her ankle before. That's why it sprained so easily! That's also why I had a vision she came to me for a check up. Even worse, she had been quite literally stabbed in the back. I couldn't possibly forget healing a wound like that. She said she had that vision as well, and the scar to prove it.

My theory of insanity was my only logical explanation. I stared at a page of the book, pretending to read, but really I was trying to come up with more logical explanations. Some possible theories of what the heck was going on at this school included the following: we had all been given some potion to make us slowly lose it, we were all sleep deprived and slowly losing it, we had all gone through some strange worm hole into a different world.

Silly theories, right? Well, it was the best I could come up with at such short notice.

I guess I was thankful that the other people affected so far had been Hazel and Annabeth. Annabeth was like me and she hated the unexplained. We would both stop at nothing to find the answer to this thing. Hazel was our voice of calm reasoning and support, yet she wouldn't be afraid to call us out if we were being ridiculous. I was the voice of action, Annabeth was the voice of strategy, and Hazel was the voice of reason. Hopefully we'd make a good team. We could be golden! Yes, we could be a golden trio. That phrase had a nice ring to it.

I wondered if anyone else was being affected by this? So far, it was only Hazel, Annabeth, and I. I had a feeling that once I met up with Annabeth and Hazel again they would tell me any new information they had. I also had a feeling I would be needing a bigger notebook.

My dream journal was down to its last page now. It didn't help that haikus continued to spill out of my head. I didn't even like haikus now! They became my least favorite form of poetry. The words of my mother pounded my brain every time I tried to let them slip away. She'd always talk about how when she wrote songs if she waited more than a day to write down a good lyric she'd forget it. She's always tell me that no matter what idea I had, no matter how good or bad of a writer I was, I had to write it down.

"Is that a diary?"

I nearly jumped out of my seat. There he was, the embodiment of darkness himself: Nico Di Angelo. The bags under his eyes were bigger than usual. His expression looked nearly defeated, like he was almost done putting up a fight against whatever was bothering him. He looked near defeat.