Harry

I have a boring morning...until Di Angelo shows up
HARRY:

There's only one word I can use to describe how breakfast was the next morning: awkward. I was still quite bitter towards Ron and Hermione seemed awfully quiet. I could only assume either she was taking Ron's side, or she wanted nothing to do with this. I simply didn't say anything. I didn't have the energy to put up with Ron this early in the morning.

Nico and I's plan was to fill each other in on information whenever we could. Nico's job was to find out as much information about Will Solace as he could. My job was to find the other seven, whoever they were. I hoped I could find them as quickly as possible, I sensed we didn't have much time to plot out an elaborate scheme. We needed to act on whatever plan we came across.

"Harry, what do you think?" Hermione said, trying to include me in the conversation. "Ron thinks the Gryffindor team has a good chance for winning the Quidditch cup!"

I shrugged. I hadn't even thought of Quidditch. That's when you can tell I'm in trouble when Quidditch can't even help me feel better.

Hermione sighed.

"You two are impossible." She mumbled.

Ron looked like he wanted to argue, but was interrupted when a surprise guest entered the show. That surprise guest being Nico, and that show being the Gryffindor table.

"Hey, can we talk for a minute?" Nico asked me. I hadn't even seen him enter the room. He had the hat in his hand, that must be why.

"Yeah, we can." I didn't hesitate.

I left Ron and Hermione, and the entire Slytherin and Gryffindor population dumbfounded when I got up and left the great hall with Nico.

***

"Where'd you even get that hat? I mean, I have an invisibility cloak, but a hat is a lot more convenient." He shrugged.

"I was hoping we'd find that out after we found whoever these people are." He shrugged. "I don't know why I have it...I just do."

"So, what'd you need to talk for?" I asked.

He brought out a folded piece of parchment from his pocket.

"I found Will Solace's schedule and duplicated it with a charm. He's in your year, I thought you may have a few classes with him maybe."

This kid was scaring me. Still, he was impressive.

"How did you--"

"I have a hat that turns me invisible. I think that can answer your question about how I manage to do most things. Your answer will be with a lot of work and little sleep. Any more questions before we go to classes? I think we have this plan sorted out."

He spoke so fast it was hard to keep up. I knew the plan, and that was that. He seemed tense, that wasn't new of course, but in this tension, I sensed something else. He was scared.

I would be too, of course.

I was scared.

"The plan's clear. I'll try to get something from him." I took the schedule and put it in my pocket.

"Clear as can be. We'll talk at lunch then, okay?"

Before I could say anything more, he left in a rush placing the invisibility cap on his head. Because I didn't seem to have any other option, I headed for my first class.

Unfortunately, I had a while to wait. My class with Will was double Herbology. That was my sixth class of the day. In the meantime, I guess I'd try and do my best to avoid Ron and Hermione. The last thing I wanted was to at them into this mess.