Frank

A lot of things happen and Leo and Percy are probably part of some secret sacrificial cult

FRANK:
Leo Valdez is exactly who I didn't want to see. Since the whole revealing our secret magic powers incident, I'd been avoiding him. First of all, I found him annoying. Who didn't avoid him? Secondly, I still hadn't decided whether or not I could trust him. While he was one of the Slytherins who was disgusted by the common beliefs of pure-bloods, it could have been an act. He was cunning and could easily manipulate me into trusting him.

Unfortunately, avoiding him wasn't doing me any good. I hadn't come across anyone else in this school who I could talk to about my shapeshifting. Leo woke up one day with the ability to make fire appear at will. Though these were both completely different situations, who else did I have to turn to? They were both so bizarre and different that they were the same, if that made sense.

"Frankie, Frankie, Frankie! Good to see you! Can I borrow him for a second, girlie?"

I was comforting a first year girl in the halls who had started feeling homesick. She was upset that her mother hadn't written her back yet, and she had written to her at the start of the week.

"I'm sure it may have gotten lost in the post, maybe you can try again! I'll write a letter to her as well if you'd like! I can tell her how awesome you've been in our house, playing chess and kicking butt at it!" I gave her a high-five.

She wiped her eyes and ran off to our house.

"Have you no compassion? She was crying, I was comforting her, and you just suddenly steal me away from her?"

"Awe, Frank-meister! Frankie-do-bop! Good ol' Frank!" Leo laughed, then his expression turned stone cold just as quickly. "We need to talk."

He dragged me down the halls, and I let him. I didn't have anything else to do and avoiding him would just take too much effort at this point. I was done putting up a fight. Plus, it was amusing seeing him try to pull me. Comparing our sizes, it was like a grape trying to pull an apple.

He dragged me all the way to the Slytherin house, up to his dorm.

"I figured you'd at least buy me dinner first before taking me up to your room like this, Valdez."

He fought back a laugh.

"While that was a good joke, this is no time to laugh. Hey, Nico." Leo said it all in a rush. I glanced over. Sure enough, Nico Di Angelo was sat on a bed, his head hanging off the side. It was like he slept upside down, like a bat.

"Sup." Nico said, not taking his eyes from the book he was reading.

I thought Nico was here as a fourth year. Why was he in the dorm of Leo Valdez, a sixth year?

"Nico's the only dude in his dorm. I told him he could stop by anytime he wants!" Leo explained.

"Told me? You ran into my dorm, shouted: 'MAKE SOME FRIENDS,' and practically carried me in here." Nico complained.

"Hey, you haven't left yet." Leo beamed.

"Yeah, that's because I've been going through your stuff." Nico admitted. Leo shrugged, unaffected.

"Anyway, Zhang. We need to talk about the whole--situation! You know, the thing!"

"Leo, obviously I know what you're referring to. And no offense, but should Nico really be listening in?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I usually tune Valdez out." He admitted.

"It's true." Leo said. "I've had conversations with walls that have responded to me more than Nico." Nico flipped the page in his book.