Chapter 7 - Party Gone Wrong

Elizabeth and Zach.

The pair had grown close during the cold months of the school year. Everyday he would walk her home and everyday it seemed she had noticed a new side to him. Her fondness for him grew and grew with no sense of stopping. Zach had also changed, and even his friends at school noticed it. He was no longer considered the hot popular troublemaker of the senior class but it was also slightly damaging his status. He would hand in his homework, he would resist talking back, on weekends he usually stayed home to study or help around the house if he were not grabbing a coffee with Elizabeth . But his friends were beginning to complain, they did not like this softer, calmer and easy going side of him. They wanted back the crazy, the chaos and the illegal fun they used to have with Zach.

At the end of the last bell of school, one of Zach's friends caught up to him placing a hand on his shoulder sternly.

"Hey Zach, long time no see. You ignoring us or something?" his friend snorted, behind him a group of two blonde girls were practically eating Zach by his looks.

"No...just been busy. Whats up?" Zach avoided the girls and looked directly into his friends eyes.

"Busy huh? With that weird chick?" his friend frowned, noticing Zach face harden at the way he described Elizabeth.

"Nah man, she's not weird so don't call her that."

"Alright..." his friend held up his hands in surrender and continued. "The guys and I were talking about what to bring for the party-"

"What party?" Zach scrunched up his face in confusion. But his friend's frown grew even deeper, he seemed insulted and annoyed that Zach would dare to ask.

"What party? The one you always have at your house before Christmas break?" The girls behind him looked at each other before looking back at Zach almost confirming that they always attended his house party without fail.

"Nah...I'm not doing that this year-" Zach shook his head and was ready to turn but his friend stopped him again with the heavy hand on his shoulder.

"Dude what the fuck is wrong with you? Ever since you started hanging around that chick you haven't been yourself."

Actually, its the opposite. I was never myself around all of you... thought Zach but instead merely bit his lip.

"Come on man, we always have the party. It's tradition.... it's senior year...."

Zach thought for a moment, it was true he had been ignoring his friends ever since he fell for Elizabeth. It wasn't quite fair for him to shut them out so quickly, after all he would probably never see them after June. This would be the last time to entertain them and show them a good time, who knows? Maybe Elizabeth would come and have fun too.

"Fine." Zach accepted "But not a big one this time, let's just keep this between a few people alright? Last time someone threw up all over my moms new leather couch, that shit can't happen again you got it?" Zach declared eyeing his friend and the grinning girls behind him.

"Got it got it, I'll spread the word then." his friend held up his hand and Zach clenched it, bringing his body close to the other in a half hug setting aside the tense mood for a more cheerful one. In truth he was excited, he could only think about Elizabeth at his house, in a party outfit and how stunning she would look.

Zach was able to convince Elizabeth to come to the party, as much as she was against it. This would be her first time attending a house party ever in her life. Zach sensed her hesitation, she was still fairly knew and had only made a handful of friends at the school. He had never brought up her past or why she moved to the U.S to live with her uncle but he had come to realize that some experiences for her at school and while spending time alone together had given her at least some bit of culture shock. He decided he would wait for their relationship to season a bit more before digging into something deep as her past.