Chapter 36 - Cherry Pie

**Mature content in chapter***

**Also previous chapter was only to be taken as a POV for James, his mind is distorted and sometime he sees and hears things he wishes was real. But it wasn't real**

"James...that hurts.." Albert muttered, his hand was being crushed by James. He looked over across the table and noticed Elizabeth's eyes shut tightly holding back from chirping out in pain over James' strong grip as he held onto both of them saying grace.

The priest soon realized this grip is too strong and releases them, he takes his napkin and places it over his lap before lifting up his fork and knife.

Albert waited, wanting to watch as James took his first bite of the meal he had made pouring all his love into it.

James slid the meat into his mouth and pulled out the fork slowly, savoring it's flavor. As he chewed Albert's eyes were locked onto him.

"H-how it is?" the young man inquired leaning his body closer to the table.

James' Adams apple bobbed a bit as he swallowed hard, the action alone roused Albert and in that moment he wanted nothing but to clear the table and straddle him regardless if the timid prisoner girl was there to watch or not.

"It's...good actually. Very well seasoned." James spoke truthfully, his eyes found Albert as he complimented him, "It must have taken a while to get it perfect, thank you." he nodded at him and continued to eat the rest off his plate.

Albert sighed in relief that his efforts to please James paid off and he happily began to eat himself, his cheeks hurt from all the blushing and smiling.

James noticed however, that Elizabeth had not picked up her fork.

"Elizabeth, you've done a good job at helping Albert cook tonight. Why won't you eat? Are you not hungry?"

Elizabeth looked down at her hands clasped together on her lap. She was extremely hungry but her sadness and terror overcame her instinct to eat.

She did not answer him but could feel the tension in the room growing thicker and thicker as she ignored him.

Albert's smile slowly faded as he noticed James narrow his eyes at the girl.

God dammit she better not ruin this....Albert kicked her shin under the table.

Her eyes caught Albert's and he mouthed to her , "Answer him."

Her eyes then glanced over at James for a moment where she noticed he was staring at her intensely, he put his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his knuckles.

"Elizabeth?" he repeated again raising one eyebrow.

Albert kicked her a second time, being careful so that James wouldn't notice.

"F-father..." she whimpered, her eyes were building up tears again.

James shook his head and sighed before standing. Albert followed suit and stoop up but James held his hand out to him and motioned for him to sit back down.

"Thank you so much for the meal, I will have to excuse myself though. I need to speak with Elizabeth in private for a moment."

Albert balled his fist, he was hating that girl more and more each second.

"James...you've barely touched your food. I'll put her away since she's not behaving!" Albert's anger fueled him off his chair and towards the girl.

His firm grip grasped her shoulder but James slapped his arm away.

"Al, stop it." He said sternly.