Chapter 54 - The Last Entry

"Well?" Victor asked as he lit a cigarette outside the chapel. One of the forensic team leaders met him outside to discuss the findings, the investigation of the chapel office took much longer than anticipated and Victor was growing increasingly impatient.

"Well..." began the woman taking off her powder-less gloves, "that room had a significant amount of bodily fluids on the floor and some on the door and door frame. It appears to be semen but we will have to get more tests on it. The surfaces have dried up however, our findings will be as accurate as physically possible, but there was definitely a lot of it."

Victor inhaled sharply, "Any blood?"

The woman nodded briefly, "yes but not enough to say that there was a murder that took place there. There's some evidence of blood but it could have been because of a small cuts, or even a nosebleed....it's too minor."

That was not what Victor was expecting to hear, instead he frowned as the woman continued.

"The scratches on the floor are definitely human, it's possible that someone must have fallen and maybe scraped themselves which might explain the minuscule amount of blood we found." she attempted to explain, but Victor noticed her face was rather confused.

Victor finished off her thinking, "But it doesn't explain the semen.."

"No. That room looks like...a filthy hotel room under the lights. I can't imagine what was going on in there." she managed to say. "I'll confirm with you our findings as soon as we have them ready."

"Thank you," Victor managed to say before dropping his cigarette butt to the floor.

"Detective, we have also collected a series of hair samples,"

"Excellent, I want them tested as soon as possible for matches to my missing persons, my list of suspects and ....my recent body in the morgue," Victor said as seriously as possible.

"Yes sir," she said and went back into the chapel to begin packing up and leaving for the lab.

Victor stroked his chin as he thought walking back to his car, Just what in the hell happened inside that room?

But if the hair samples match, he would know exactly which course to take. Already Victor had his eye on one suspect, and that was Father Beckford. Not only was Victor 100% certain that the previous priest would hold all the answers, but at this point Victor had made him his primary suspect.

As he stared at his wall of evidence and photos of the victims, he was able to trace Father Beckford back to all of them. He had confiscated some of Juliets personal belongs, and one of them was a diary she had been keeping. Some of her entries were posted to Victors walls, most of her entries spoke of a JB.

Clearly, her entries seemed rather obsessed with JB mostly towards the end of the diary. In the beginning it seems as though this person is a regular crush and much of the details she added of his appearance seemed to match a photo Victor managed to obtain from Father Beckford.

His sweet brown eyes were so close to mine.... I could smell the fresh shampoo of his blond hair as he walked by me in the chapel.....his long tall and slender body... all seemed to match his physical built. Victor had his own description of the priest next to his photo : Blond Hair, Brown Eyes, Height at 5'11, Weight 155lbs , Age 27.

Victor was still uncertain how Juliet, Elizabeth, Albert and James had to do with each other, what could they possibly share together that would bind them?

All Victor knew was that Juliet was infatuated with James, he remembered the conversation they had in the diner with Zach about Father Beckford being Juliet's crush but he never imagined it being this obsessive. And still, how and why did Juliet's love for the priest concern Elizabeth and Albert? That was unclear to him.