Chapter 39 - Fragile Hearts

" I DEMAND TO SEE MY DAUGHTER IMMEDIATELY!" Elizabeth's father slammed his fist on the interrogation table.

The officer stared at him with blank eyes until the detective came in the room accompanied with Rohan.

Elizabeth's father wanted to stand up but he was handcuffed to the table.

"You..!"

Rohan felt his brother stabbing him with the eyes of a madman. "Brother..."

Elizabeth's father pointed his index finger from his free hand at him, "You..!! You don't dare call me brother."

The detective pulled a chair for Rohan and ushered him to sit. "Let's put aside this warm family reunion and get down to business."

He eyed the young girls father seriously, "Do you understand why you're being detained today?"

"No! What kind of crazy American law is this to lock up an innocent man?"

The detective took out a key and uncuffed him from the table. "I'll explain if you remain calm, do we have a deal?"

He merely looked at the detective with more hatred in his eyes.

The detective continued anyway, "Your daughter, is Elizabeth Satti is that correct?"

"Yes! That is what I am here for! That 'man' next to you stole her from me and I want her back!"

The detective looked over at Rohan with questionable eyes.

" I did not steal her from you brother, she came here because she was afraid of you... afraid to be sold off..."

Elizabeth's father shook his head angrily and waved his hands in the air.

"NO NO NO!!! She is my daughter!! I say who she has to marry! Me ok? Only me!"

The detective put the pieces together and understood the reason behind the anger.

"Well we're here to talk to you about your daughter." The detective spoke quietly hoping to calm the father.

"... your daughter is currently missing. You were detained because we had reason to believe you would have been traveling with her out of the country."

The mans eyebrows furrowed, " what you say? Missing? What?"

The detective pulled out Elizabeth's file, showing him the folder of photos, statements and a flyer with the reward money. " She has been missing since September, about 3 months now."

He took the file and went through it flipping through the pages in disbelief before his eyes grew angrier and angrier. The detective absorbed his reaction, making his assessment if he was a legitimate suspect or not. Finally he looked over at his brother.

"You... this is all because of you!!!" He stood up from the table and approached his brother.

But the detective stood in his way, "If you become violent we will have to restrain you again, sit down and let us continue."

"You took her from me and now she's gone!!! This is your fault!!! You demon! You had no right!!! Now what am I supposed to do with the suitor?!?! She's worthless to me missing!!" Despite the fact that the detective felt sick from hearing that the girls father did not care for her well being but more so for the money he would have made selling off his child, he still had questions he needed answering.

" That's all you care about? The fucking guy you wanted to sell her to? What is wrong with you? She's missing and you just care about money?!?" Rohan yelled, he never yells. His cool collected mannerism vanished and he wanted to slap the insanity out of his brothers mind but the detective stood between both.