Chapter 59 - She Is At Fault

"I'm not much of a fan of this kind of food," James muttered as he reached into the brown paper bag for fries.

Elizabeth sat quietly, exhausted and still recovering from the pain on the edge of the motel bed. She bit down on her cheeseburger, it had been a long time since she had fast food, everything James would let her eat had to be home cooked.

Now that they had no home, it was too difficult and expensive to buy fresh ingredients.

The motel room felt stuffy and the red carpet of the room looked as though it was in desperate need of spot cleaning. But James was trying to save as much of the money as he possibly could, even though Elizabeth had seen the duffel bag of cash, she knew he could afford to get them better rooms he just didn't want to spend the money.

She put down half the burger on her lap, her hand ran over her lower abdomen.

She had been trying to feel some kind of movement in the last few hours but so far she felt nothing and the worry seemed to cloud over her even more as time kept passing by.

James caught her concerned expression and got up from the other side of the room and walked over to his young wife sitting next to her, "Elizabeth, what's wrong?"

Her gaze was on her hand resting on her lower stomach, slowly she raised her eyes back to the priests, "James..." she said his name nervously, his eyes fell from hers to her hand that cupped her torso over her shirt.

"I..I haven't felt any movement," her quivering lips said.

James' expression darkened, "That's not possible Elizabeth," his hand placed overs hers, it was warm and heavy. "Lay down, it's going to be alright,"

He gently laid her down on her back, his hand still resting on her stomach warming through her clothes and onto her skin.

"I'm scared..."

James gave her a small smile, "There is no reason to be my love, our child is fine." he nodded at her, his eyes were serious. "He is strong and God purposely created you to be mine, to be his mother and so it shall be. It's his plan he has for you, and it's a perfect plan, so there's nothing for you to fear."

At his words, Elizabeth stopped herself from potentially crying and laid down at his command.

"Let us pray," Whispered the priest as his warm hand glided over her shirt, stroking gently the small tiny bump that protruded outwards towards the ceiling.

The couple prayed together, harmoniously over and over again repeating the same words and phrases into the room. The sound of James' strong voice vibrated down his arm and onto the hand that was placed over their unborn child.

Elizabeth was slowly drifting off to sleep but suddenly her eyes shot open when she felt something inside her move ever so slightly.

James also stopped, he had felt is as well and moved his hand away a little, still hovering above her.

"It's.." Elizabeth whispered, she tried to sit up but James placed his hand on her shoulder and pushed her back down.

"Just rest, I told you he's fine." James looked down at her lovingly. His eyes were glistening in the dark dull room as he looked at Elizabeth.

"Nothing can harm him, I promise you."

Elizabeth couldn't help but feel her heart want to burst at the overwhelming relief she felt that the child she carried was still moving. She feared for his or hers safety above anything else.