Chapter 16 - A First Experience

***Mature readers only / chapter contains explicit content which may not be suitable for young readers.

Thx ****

"Well what do you think?" one of the tour guides asked Zach as he walked into the room he would be sharing with his dorm mate.

"It's uh...cozy," Zach shrugged, "I think it'll take some time getting used to, my closet is probably bigger than this,"

"Zach! Be polite.." his mother slightly scowled him making Elizabeth giggle."I apologize for my son,"

But the guide merely giggled back and said it was fine, "Most potential freshmen react that way I'm used to it,"

As they were walking away from the campus Zach's mother climbed into the car and called up her husband. "...mmm yeah....I think he likes it. It's not to far from home so it'll be fine.....yeah he's applying for the aid anyway..."

As she consulted with her husband Zach pulled Elizabeth close outside the car away from his mother's view.

"Looks like there won't be enough room for you to keep with me. You'll just have to sleep in my bed when you come over." Zach said with his mischievous smile.

"That bed is tiny!"

"Exactly..." he hummed, his lips found her nose before dipping down and kissing her. Elizabeth pushed him slightly, although every time they kissed it felt like their first time, she was much more nervous out in public.

"Your mom will see..."

"Let her."

Elizabeth lightly slapped his arm in jest.

"Haha, ok we'll continue once we get back."

Zach's mom drove back to the house and Elizabeth was welcomed to stay for dinner, afterwards his mom quickly fell asleep on the couch. Zach brought Elizabeth to his room, she walked towards a book case that had a photo album tucked away.

"These are of you?"

Zach pulled the album out and began showing her some photos.

"You realize this is extremely embarrassing right? I mean there's naked baby pictures of me in the tub here" he said as he flipped through the pages.

"Oh really where?"

Zach snatched the album out of her reach. "Pervert!"

They laughed for a while until Zach's face suddenly dropped and the atmosphere became serious. He placed the album back into the bookshelf before taking her hands in his.

"...Liz...I'm nervous..." he began, his breath had increased in pace.

"You're nervous?"

"Yeah..."

Elizabeth's face couldn't help but frown.

"What are you nervous about?"

"Leaving you behind...I'm scared when I go away that someone will snatch you from me." Zach confessed, his face looked pained as he stared at her hands.

His heart felt heavy, somehow he wasn't thinking about Elizabeth possibly falling in love with someone else, his fear of losing her was much more sinister than that, and yet he couldn't explain why he had this gut wrenching feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"I wouldn't let that happen, I love you." She smiled up at him.

"I know, I love you too. I just hate the idea that I won't be around to protect you." He brought her into his chest for a hug while petting her hair.