Chapter 30 - Count On You

** Adult content found in this chapter mature readers only thanks =) **

"We have to make sure the body sinks," James wiped his brow, apparently a stiff lifeless corpse is more heavier than a live one.

"I say we open her up a little,"

Albert felt a sharp shock of panic strike his spine as James continued to talk about gutting Juliet open.

"...and then stuff her with rocks. This way she'll sink all the way to the bottom."

Albert couldn't move. He sat inside the drivers side with his hands firmly pressed on his lap. James leaned against the back of the car. He heard no response except the crickets singing in the night.

"Wait here, I have a box cutter." James sighed and went inside the chapel towards the basement once more.

Once Albert was alone for a few moments he indulged in his sorrow, his hands fell over his face as he leaned forward resting against the steering wheel.

He cried. He cried hard but muffled his mouth.

More than anything he cried for the monster he loved; the guilt inside his heart spread throughout his body, he could feel it consume each cell. His body shook as he grasped the nightmare he was trapped in.

Once he knew that Juliet was in love with James he always felt jealousy towards her, but not once had he every wished her any harm.

Juliet....forgive me.... he cried silently.

He heard James' footsteps coming towards the car, Albert sat up and sucked up his tears, wiping away any that may have escaped him.

"Get in the passenger seat, I'm driving." James demanded, Albert rolled over to the other side. He leaned against the cool glass window.

James drove to the other edge of the town near a recreational park. There was a lake there that had previously been used as an illegal dumping site. However, the lake was cleaned up but no swimming was ever allowed.

After placing the body in an old abandoned canoe by the side of the lake , they rowed to the middle.

James had the box cutter and the rocks ready. He felt around for her soft torso through the sheets.

Before making the first cut, James eyed Albert trying to absorbed his current mentality. But Albert merely kept his eyes shut tightly and had his head turned away.

Just as the priest was about to make the first cut, Albert burst up, rocking the boat.

"What the-"

"Dont!" Albert pleaded, "Please James... don't"

James only looked up to Albert, watching the desperation in his eyes.

"C-come on...don't do this to Juliet. I-I don't think I could stand it."

James narrowed his eyes at his partner, the box cutter was tightly in his grip.

If this was any other person standing in front of him, he probably would have slit their throat and sent them to the depths of the lake along with Juliet.

But this was Albert, and for some time now James' cold icy heart could be thawed every now and then solely by Albert's words.

" Very well." James dropped the box cutter. "We still need to make sure that it sinks. Help me unwrap the sheet, we'll dump some rocks in there and wrap it back up."

They carefully unwrapped Juliet's cocoon, making sure to keep her face hidden. Delicately they added the rocks then wrapped up the sheet even tighter with the help of her shoe laces. She was heavy and hard to move but patiently they leaned Juliet over the edge of the canoe and pushed her off, making a loud splash as it submerged below.
The added weight helped, not before long the white sheet was no longer visible. They waited for all the air bubbles to disappear before quietly rowing back to the edge of the lake.