Chapter 29 - Don't Scream

James heaved, his chest rose and fell as he steadied his trembling hands at his sides looking down at the limp body before him. Sweat droplets fell down his forehead, although she was easy to strangle it was straining work holding her above the floor for several minutes.

Once he controled his breathing again he pushed back his hair from his face and sat down on the chair.

James' eyes were wide as he stared at her, face down on the floor.

Not moving.

Not breathing.

He began to chuckle, at first barely making a sound then he tilted his head back and laughed loudly.

"Ahhhh!!! You thought you could stick your nose in my business any time you wanted huh? ...well this certainly was the last fucking time right Juliet?!" he yelled at her, still she lay there without moving.

"You though you would just come in here and begin unraveling everything that I have fought so hard to keep? YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD FIND HER AND TAKE HER FROM ME?!" He screeched.

Calm yourself, his demons told him. Don't be too loud, there's a body on the floor. You must get rid of it.

He stopped his laughing, "You're right," he spoke out to himself.

Standing up tall he adjusted his collar and cleared his throat.

"I should have some cleaning supplies in the basement."

James closed the office door behind him, walked around the chapel and made sure all the doors were locked before returning to the basement.

He looked over at the covered door where his young secret princess was kept, with a smile he retrieved some latex gloves and a cleaning cady. Approaching the hidden door, he held his hand against the cool metal and whispered to it.

"Don't worry, I will not allow anyone to take you from me Elizabeth. Not over my dead body."

He went back upstairs to take care of the mess he made, making sure to wear gloves and even used sanitizing wipes around Juliet's neck as a means to erase his finger prints.

As he cleaned up he hummed himself a hymn to keep his composure.

Soon he heard a knock on the side door.

There was only one person he was expecting this late.

"Al?" he asked the door, making sure before opening.

"Yeah? Who else?"

James rolled his eyes and opened the door to let him in.

"Oh man Thomas' health has gotten so bad, he could barley make the stairs. I don't know why the rectory doesn't have elevators. But I guess the guy doesn't care much he climbed those stairs like he was climbing Mount Ever-" Albert rambled on until James silenced him.

"Shut up for a second. We need to talk."

The priest took hold of his shoulders and pinned him against the wall.

James stared deeply into his eyes, reinforcing his seriousness, "I need your help with something. There's something in the office that you need to see."

Albert wouldn't move an inch, he held his breath.

Whatever it was, he knew it wasn't good. Just like the last favor James wanted.

"Whatever you do, don't scream or freak out. Understand?"

Albert didn't speak, he was too nervous.