12|Being pushy|

Only a day was left until Tuesday. Yes that means today is my test and that explains why there is sound by my side.

"Its Monday and you know what to do..

Its Monday you've got a school to go to.

Its Monday!!!"

My alarm clock sang. That song is self made and sung by none other than Lucinda, the great.

I got up. Ran to the washroom. Brushed my teeth. Changed by garb. Grabbed my sling bag from the study and made my way to the breakfast table. Sure enough no one was early so I went to the kitchen fetched a cereal bowl and milk from the fridge. I quickly swallowed down my cereal.

After being done with my breakfast, I ran to the gates but was stopped in my tracks. Soph called,"Es?"

I turned around to see her smiling at me.

"I was wondering, well, come on I will drop you off at school."

I was more than elated at the offer. There were only a few times when she would offer to take me to school. Otherwise I'd take the bus. Most kids took the bus becausd it was more convenient. Only the upper class, rich kids had their personal cars. The others walked or cycled their way to school.

"Yeah, thanks Soph."

We made our way to the parking lot. Sophie doesnt live here with us but comes early every morning. She would sometimes have breakfast with us. She lived a few blocks away. I never got to see her residence ever. She lived alone, I guess. She visted her father everyLast weekend of the month and stay there. Her father and her sister are her only family. Her sister is married and she is 2 years younger than Soph.

Oh God it just dawned on me! Soph is 32 and still single. A beautiful woman such as her should have been married and a mother of three cute children. Soph didnt have a love life.

Speaking of her love life, I remember someone had a crush!

"Hey Sophie?" I started a conversation as we sat in her car.

"Hmm?"

"You know the day it was declared that we were selected and all?"

"Yeah?"

"You.... How do I put it?" I looked at her. "Soph why are you still single?"

"How do the two situations make any relevance together?" Sophie said. Eyes trained on the road. She raised her hand of the wheel and put it back.

"They just do, tell me. Are we waiting for someone special?" I asked and wriggled my eyebrows.

Soph and I were casual in that way. We would go on and on teasing eachother.

"Um... yeah." Sophie said.

"Does Mr. Anthony have a chance at being special?"

I swear that she flushed immediately after I said the name.

She didnt say a word. I waited till she came back to her usual skin tone from being beet root colour.

"I will take your silence as a yes."

"Its not like that." Soph said.

What in the heavena did 'it' mean?

"So there is an 'it' between you guys? Oh my God!! Soph! You know what he is a good man. Go for him. He is the one special person. I swear!!" I blurted out as we waited for the green light on the traffic signal.

"Calm down, would you? There is no 'it' between us bu-"

"Marry him and adopt me. We will be one happy family. I would love to have many siblings and I absolutely adore you as a mother." I cut her." Please Soph please. He is the best option!" I squealed out.

Sophie stared at me wide eyed. No words. Her mouth hung open.

The traffic light had turned green and people behind us honked.

"Get moving already!! You are blocking the whole road!! Play statue somewhere else!!" The man behind us hollered.

That snapped us out of the daze and Sophie drove. The rest of the drive was in silence.

Cheese! Estella you gotta sound that selfish. You hurt her! Stupid X infinity.

We stopped at the front of school. I unbuckled myself and turned to look at Soph. She was not looking at me.

"I am sorry. I didnt mean it like that. But yeah I think all that minus the adopt me part. You should really consider him. I like him for you. He likes you too. I see it in his eyes. You like him too, I know. I know you have a little too big of a crush!" I sang the last part.

Soph laughed at that. She turned to me.

"I like him too. But it is more than you would understand.." soph started. "I.. look you have a history exam. You ho take it and we will have a talk."

"I am looking forward to the talk. But Cheese Soph I could use some luck."

"Still going with Cheese?"

"Yeah since you told me not to say Geez" I said.

We giggled on that.

"Good luck honey!"

With that I took off.

*******************
Short chapie...

I know guys..

Plus its late..

But yes I will update sooner and faster. With more and more frequent tests I am finding myself away from Wattpad. And mayn the internet does problem with me...

But do read!!

VOMMENTMEND

~AK