43|Dream|

The room was lit yellowish - orange. The flickering flames could be seen in near distance. There were screams and crashing all over.

A woman and a man, her husband , paced in the room, their faces not visible due to lack of luminosity. They were worried by the nature of their walking. Their shoulders were tensed, the man's had his hands clasped behind his tall figure while his wife fidgeted with her fingers.

They snapped their heads towards the approaching footsteps, the lady stepped in front of a cradle and spread her arms as of hiding it behind her back.

"Oh son! Where's your brother?" The woman asked, her voice laced with worry.

The boy was in his teens, his silhouette defined his stature to be well defined as his father, he stood tall and strong but the nervousness and tension was still evident.

"Father, the soldiers are successful s far. The have managed to keep them away from this wing but you have to get to the safe room." He told his father, while making quick hand gestures.

"Mother, I know where he is. He is in the South wing, he is going to be moving to the safe room,I will get him. You get there now. Please."

"Nonsense. I will get him." His father snapped.

"I will come with. Don't try to say no. He is my son. I have to protect my children." Her voice was firm but also pleading.

Her husband looked like he would protest but decided against it.

"Son. You take your baby sister to the safe room. We will be there. They will not harm us, they know the wounds will not hurt us but our children's wounds will."

"But father-"

"No son." He cut his son. "You knw what they are after. Make sure that you and your sister are safe."

The mother on the other hand sensed someone nearing the room where they were.

She placed a finger on her lips yelling the to silence themselves while she slowly backed off.

"Son, take her. And get ready to run" She kissed the top of her son's head," I love all three of you with all of me."

Her son whispered back," I love you too. We will not die today."

He reached in the cradle as the door busted open and the baby awoke due to the commotion. The horrified adolescent quickly grabbed his sister out and made a run for the back door.

He was barely out when he heard his mother scream, and his father rush to her side. He glanced over his shoulder at his helpless parents and the archer who was aiming at him, that triggered him.

He shut his eyes and ran. He blocked at all the voices and all the views and ran, he ran towards the safe room knowing that he was followed.

He turned the corner and when he felt a hand grab his shoulder. He closed his eyes, knowing that he had failed he would lose his sister. He would die. Even his baby sister would die at the age of 15 months. He was miserable and he was a failure.

He opened his eyes only when he heard a gun fire. He looked down at the floor as blood stained it.

He looked at his sister who was falling out of his hands, but the shooter grabbed her. He slid down the floor, his back to the wall. He held his head between his hands, pulling at his hair as he looked at the bloodied body lying on the floor. A bow and arrow not so far away from it.

The archer who had followed him laid dead.

"Come on. We need to get her out of hereIt's not safe for the both of you. Here's a gun. "

He took the gun from the faithful soldier and stood up. Taking the baby girl back on his arms, he jogged along the trained and armed soldier to the safe room.

I woke up and sat upright. I was breathing hard, sweat beads tricked down the sides of my face and my back was drenched. That dream was dramatic, but it was so real. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt as though I was there with them, but unable to help. I couldn't.

I turned on the lamp by my bed side and poured myself a glass of water. I gulped it down, when I heard another click. The room was illuminated ever more. I turned around to see Esther, I had completely forgotten about her.

"Is anything the matter?"

"No Esther. Everything is fine, just needed water. You go to sleep."

"Are you sure.?" She asked for confirmation peering st my swear drenched back.

"I am a hundred and ten percent sure."

She odder and turned off her lamp and went to sleep.  I did the same.

Sleep felt far away, but I still remained in the bed till it hit me again.

I was out again.

A/N

I know this chapter is shorter than the others but hey its a quick update and it had all the juicy elements you need.

To be honest I wrote this in my bed while my eyes struggled to keep open so go ahead and enjoy it, I will go through it and edit later.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

I have no suggestions at the moment but I am open for them! Throw in as many books you can, make sure they are good and very absorbing!

Shout out? Lemme think..
Well shout out to all of us! The Marked Royal family!

I absolutely adore you all!

Enjoy and don't forget to

VOMMENTMEND

Evelyn_S ^2khan