34|Trying dresses |

In front of me stood, the graceful and elegant, Princess Sarah dressed in her burgundy gown. Behind her stood Lilley, holding something in her hands, my clothes I suppose.

I stepped aside to let them in. The both entered and I noticed the clothes that hung over Lilley's arm weren't mine, they were some more expensive looking dresses.

"Oh good! I am here at the right time. I was picking some clothes for you." Her royal highness said.

I was once again taken aback by her graciousness. But it wasn't right she was particularly being too generous with me. It is unfair with the other girls.

I looked at the clothes that Lilley put in the bed when her highness gestured towards them. They were breathtakingly beautiful. One of them was an emerald green rich gown, the other two were day dresses. Both of them in pastel shades, one green and the other pink. And the last one was an icy blue garb. Every one of them had something different and were very stunning.

"I had these dresses stitched last week. I hope they fit. You go on and try them. I want to see how they look." The princess said.

I looked at her and then the dresses. She had hopeful eyes. I couldn't turn down the offer so I just said," Thank you. Thank you very much, your highness. These all are very pretty, you've been very generous"

"Oh dear it's a really a pleasure. I have always have had to live with boys , I never could do all this. I wanted to this for my daughter, so why not you?";she said smiling.

I smiled back. I wished she has a daughter, they would have made a very nice mother-daughter duo.

I gathered the clothes and went inside. I first tried the elegant green one. It was silk and was very nice, fitted me perfectly and the golden work around the neck and the wrists of full sleeves accentuated the dress. I stepped out and showed it to the princess.

She gushed at how beautifully it draped around me. She asked me to turn around, she admired the dress from every angle, and was very delighted. I couldn't help but smile at her happiness.

"Now go on, try another one." She shoo-ed me away.

I giddily went back and tried out the blue one. Sarah was equally delighted at its fitting. I was happy that she looked so happy. I noticed that Lilley had left the room.

"Turn around, let me see. " I did.

"Does it feel tight around the waist?"

"No mum." I said jokingly. Then I realised that I shouldn't have said that. Stupid me.

" I am sorry. I didn't meant to." I apologised.

"It's alright. You can call me 'mum'. I like the sound of it." She said not even showing the least amount of the disappointment.

I nodded." Now now, don't put this room in this serene silence, put on the peach one. I hope it looks great too."

I hopped in the changing room and put on the desired dress, and true to her hopes it fit very well. It was simply beautiful.

I went to step out, into my bedroom, when I heard the Royal speaking, "....said mum. You should have been here. Don't you see? It's time, I want it to be now. I can't wait longer, longer than now. Five more years is a very long time for me. Please."

"Calm down. I understand your emotions, darling." The other voice spoke, Prince Nile. I smiled the way he called her 'darling', so lovingly. "I will talk to mother. We will see what can be done. You know the reason, it's for you and for..."

I didn't want to evasdrop more, it's a very bad habit and I've done it more than one time this week. I stepped out, clearing my throat to gain their attention.

They both looked at me in awe. "This one looks fabulous, doesn't it Nile?"

Her husband nodded," You look very beautiful, m.. child."

"Thank you, your highness. " I said dipping it a little, to curtsey to the future king.

"Drop the formalities already." He replied.

I nodded.

"Change into the other one. Go on!"

I scurried away leaving the both of them in my room.

Changing into the last of the wonderful dresses that were gifted to me by her highness, I started to step out yet again, but I stopped midway, curiosity building. I wanted to know if they were still talking and I wanted to talk about what they were talking about. I heard nothing but hushed whispers, they were careful this time. I despaired.

I chided myself.

Growing bad habits are we?

I shook my head and stepped out.

"Oh my! Good Lord! Do you look lovely? Oh! You look very enticing. Absolutely gorgeous. "

I was very flattered. The princess was so kind, and I couldn't understand how can one be so generous and kind. She has the aura around her, that made her unique and different and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way about her. Many would agree.

I thanked her for her compliments and accepted her gifts after she insisted that I kept them all. I had countered her part if argument by saying that I wouldn't have anywhere to wear these extravagant clothes to. But she said she would be happy if I accepted. So I did.

I settled on the dress I was wearing, the light pink one. I did my hair myself and went out to see what other girls were upto.

But in the back of my head I know there is something I need to find out about.

What can't wait any longer?

A/N
Book suggestions::
I was never yours. By JessGirl93
This book is awesome! Especially the turn of events! I loved this book!

Muslim followers around the globe! A very happy Eid to y'all! I wish that Allah Almighty showers all his blessings upon you! Enjoy and celebrate this Eid with your friends and family and cherish the gift by Allah♡

My eidi for y'all is this chapter! That's all I can actually do..XD

And also shout out to cierapenick thank you for reading! !♡♡