41|My rooms|

I couldn't believe it, still. The fact that I was here. The fact that I was a part of this prestigious family.

But all of them have welcomed me so openly. They have accepted me onto their family. They have adopted me.

The Prince Nile and his wife couldn't have been more welcoming. The way they showed me around and kept me close to them, as if I went a little away from them , I would run away.

Prince Erik and his wife came by to say welcome. They have also arranged a little tea party for the members of court, so that they can celebrate the fact of me being a part of the family.

I am flattered.

I have learnt a few things as well. I will be officially made a member of the Crown, there will be a ceremony that confirmed me a princess, like a coronation.

The ceremony, Crowning, is done to every new member, who is not of royal blood. The women who are married into the house undergo Crowning.

My Crowning was going to be held in a week's time. At the end of this week, probably.

Members of public will be able to view the ceremony through their televisions, and some will be invited to the church to be spectators, some being the ones who have acquainted with court before and have the trust of the family. I can also call a total of five friends, they will be invited after a background check.

I do have a few names in mind. Madamme, Malissa and her family. Sophie is already going to be there.

I will be submitting these names today, and I am sure there will be nothing much to be pondered upon, and they will simply be allowed.

As for the preparations, they have already gone into full drive. Despite me being here for only a few hours.

I was given the time to relax and then prepare for the events that would follow soon. I had agreed to the princess Sarah, my mother.

I still felt weird that I was to call them , mother and father. The sovereigns of our beloved country adopted me, and now I have to start calling them by the titles that one would use for their parents, just yesterday they were 'their royal highnesses' and today my father and mother, and my brothers.

All of this is coming as a blow, I did not think about all of this whilst at the orphanage, neither when my parents visited Madamme, nor did I feel any of this on the car besides G.

This is surely going to take time to settle in. I walked into my suite, the princess's suite, that I was shown to by Catherine. I was taken aback by the grandness of the room. It was magnificent group of rooms. My personal parlours, bedroom, ensuite washroom, dressing area, study and my very own library.

It radiated cosiness and warmth, with its pale colouring and warm yellow lighting, added to the large windows that welcomed the rays of light and warm air.

I have already been shocked by the vast collection of clothes I have, the wardrobe was filled with many different day dresses and evening gowns, ranging from light colours to vibrant ones.

And one whole side of the wardrobe was dedicated to trousers and tees, my normal clothing. A small portion contained my night dresses, all of them white; pearly white to creamy white, made out of lace and silk.

Another whole side was solely shoes. Heels, flats, boots, pumps, seudes, converses , sandals, all the types, you name it and it will be already there at east in three different colors and designs.

Then one wall contained many shelves that were station for many accessories; beautiful stones arranged in bracelets and necklaces, anklets, variety of fabrics sewn into brilliant fascinators , expensive ear rings, bangles and a range of rings studded with big and small costly stones. Every sort of jewellery  was there. And each piece fine and intricate.

I was slowly digesting the fact that, all of this belonged to me. This is what came with parents and siblings.

The parlours attached to my bedrooms were multiple, each giving a different vibe. One had wooden floors, mohagny furniture, the other however had marble tiles and comfortable looking high stools. While another had a floor covered by a red, soft carpet, and the sitting arrangement was more formal than the others with luxurious sofas.

And the bedroom was one of its kind, though I am sure the palace has many other rooms giving off comfortable and positive vibes , but I have never had a room so spacious, cosy and very carefully adorned.

I loved the four poster bed with the soft pillows, the creamy white walls and the balcony which gave the view of the North gardens, and the beautiful marble fountain.

The study table, the vanity and the other furniture was polished, and placed in a very careful order, the whole room spic and span.

Since I was here to rest I decided to take a quick shut eye before the tea, I had nothing else to do.

I didn't bother to change out of the clothes that I had on, a simple pair of jeans and a tee shirt. I am not going to need them anymore, according to Veronica. And I guess she is right by the looks of the clothes stuffed in my closet.

I slipped out of my joggers, and climbed into the bad. I shut my eyes just to open them to the sound of a knock on my door.

"Yes?"

The other side remained silent. 

I repeated.  Louder this time.

"Yes? Come in."

And the door opened and in came the person who had become a close friend of mine on my last visit.

Lilley.

"Good evening, your highness. I will be your lady's maid and this is Esther, she will be also serving you." Lilley said, gesturing towards the girl behind her.

"Welcome aboard, Esther. Nice to see you again Lilley!" I beamed at them.

A/N

Talbot19717 & Lelewills I know this is probably the second time, and maybe there will be more because you both show amazing support! Thank you so much♡

Also a new member to our family: coolpotato_writes thank you for voting! Read this writer's book as well! It's named after the best scent in the universe! Yeah you got it right, it's Petrichor.

MayGarner: this poetess is out of the world! You have to give her poetry books a try!  Try out, Wanderlust! Also keep a few tissues with you! And don't worry if you don't have them May will send you a box. ;p (Jk)

Now now!

Do you like this chapter?

It's short but I am a science student. (Period)

Love y'all for waiting.

Don't forget to

VOMMENTMEND

Evelyn_S^2khan