25|preparation for the ball|

This day was becoming longer and longer. And with the passage of time, more eventful. After the Grand tea we all went into our rooms.

Lilley was already there. She had prepared a bath for me. I really needed it so I thanked her and eagerly stepped in it. I let the warm water soothe me. The lather and the petals  skimmed my skin and the lavender and rosy fragrance filled the room. Never had I ever thought of having a calming bath as this one.

I wrapped a towel around my body and trudged out in the dressing room. Lilley stood there with two options in her hand. Just looking at those dresses two things popped in my mind. First that the dresses were beautiful and the second that I had to thank the princess for sending the day dress I had worn to the tea.

I had to choose between an extraordinarily beautiful blue ball gown and a very pretty looking peach gown. I loved the both of them.but my heart yelled out to choose the dark blue one. But I think it's better to take an advice from Lilley.

"Lilley, these both very beautiful. I am having a hard time choosing between the two. What do you suggest?"

She almost immediately replies." Though I like the blue one better, I think you should decide."

Now that she seconds my heart's desire I would pick the blue one.

"Then it's decided. The blue one it is." I took the dress from her. She urged to help me into the dress but I told her that I would call for her if I needed her.

Reluctantly she left and I put in the heart breaking dress, and all the while I wished that it fit.

After I draped myself in the beautiful hater dress I went out where Lilley waited.

She gasped and commented," You look absolutely stunning. This dress was made for you. "

And I had to agree with her when I saw myself I the mirror.  The dress fit perfectly. It was a dark blue halter dress that flowed to the floor. It had a grey-blue belt that was clinched at the waist.It was plain yet it shouted graceful and beautiful.

I loved how I looked in this gorgeous dress

I loved how I looked in this gorgeous dress. Lilley sat me down on the stool in front of the dressing table. She started painting my face. I asked her to keep it subtle and she agreed. She worked her magic on my face and my hair. She put my hair into a beautiful braided bun. I admired tge way her delicate fingers worked out every detail in my hair. After she was done making me look beautiful I slipped into the blue pump heels that also came from the princess. They were the same shade of dark blue as the dress and had a strap around my ankle. It complemented my dress and the whole look over all.

 It complemented my dress and the whole look over all