50|She is my blood too|

The next morning the whole house was abuzz. All the maids and the help were running about the house frantically, trying to get their work done as soon as possible. No one noticed me when I went past them, in their frenzy they were all over the place. I stopped one of the maids who was hurrying towards the other end of the corridor.

She halted, carrying the pile of linen in her hands, "your highness?"

"What are you all doing? What is the chaos about?" I asked her.

"I am sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to disappoint you, milady. I.. please let me keep the job?"

I was more than bewildered. I had no idea what she was talking about, it was like me asking her name and her telling me her address.

"Calm down. Take a deep breath. No one is taking your job away, and no one is disappointed." She did as directed. "Now, why is everyone all over the place? Is something the matter?"

"Her Majesty, the Queen returns today. We are all making sure everything is in its place, not a hair out of its place, madam." She said assuredly.

"But, nothing is out of its place. Everything is just fine, more than fine actually. She has been gone for a couple of days, it's not like we let the dogs run through the palace in her time away. Be calm. Everything is fine. Now off you go."

She scurried away whispering to herself "I have lost my job, I am sure I have."

Shaking my head, I continued trekking down the corridor. I was informed that Sophie was here, and I was going to her.

When I reached her room, I heard some voices behind the door. She wasn't alone and I didn't want to eavesdrop, nor did I want to barge in. So I decided that I will stay out for.more than a few beats and then enter. And in my time outside I'd try not to overhear any conversation.

I remained steadfast, until the voices got louder.

"How long?" The male voice said.

"You know very well. We shall wait, till we get the orders."

"I don't get it! Why did you even do it?"

"You don't? You don't? Do not get me started on this. You knew what were the options on the table at that time." Sophie's voice had a hint of accusation. "You didn't stop me, because you didn't see any other way out of it, either!"

"Because there wasn't any!"

"And now? Now there is? Do you not think I am bound? Do you really want me to just disobey the direct orders of the crown, because you see it as an option?"

"Sophie. Soph..." his voice became suddenly calm. "I can help. You have done everything, you could. There is nothing more you can do. Let me help, please?"

After a few moments of silence, Sophie spoke in a much relaxed tone, "it's not that easy, is it? I want this as much as you do. I want this for her too. She is my blood too, and I do..."

I walked away from the door, abandoning the place as I should have the moment I started listening to them exchange their distress. But I was a little upset for parting at such a time, when the tea became really hot. Her sentences, they confused me. Now I wanted to know more. I wanted to know more, but I didn't know how I was going to.

Deciding that I would try not to dwell on it, I make my way to the King Clarkson's lounge. There I was met with more hustling and bustling, the maids and butlers ran about putting things in order, and at the sight of me they stopped what they were doing; cleaning the already clean and straightening the already straight, and scurried out of the room.

I busied myself with a magazine, I flipped through pages and pages reading rumours and gossips that were baseless, but people found amusement in them still. There were pictures of yesterday's ball too.

Titled: ROYALS ATTEND THE WELCOME BALL.

There was a picture of the ball, and then there were pictures of me dancing with Mark, and George talking to his friends. There was another picture of George dancing with Kitty Moland.

The article read:  The Royals attended the welcome ball of Governor Sheffield's new daughter. The Sheffields hosted the ball in their own residence......

They wrote how fascinating and wonderful the ball was, but the interesting but was the speculations.

The Royals seemed to have a good time but our insider reported that their was an air of stiffness around His Royal Highness, Prince George after he met Mark Caravaggio.

Oh tell me about it.

The old wounds may reopen, according to our correspondent the new Royal, Princess Estella ,unbeknownst of any history, enjoyed the company of Mr and Miss Caravaggio, however the same was not the case for the royal brother.

Princess Estella also danced with Mr. Caravaggio and enjoyed conversations with Miss Caravaggio; the cousins to the new Miss Sheffield. However, there was no exchange between Miss Elizabeth and the Prince....

The article drifted on about how the Royals feuds may resurface after years and the other enchanting details about the ball. The contrast in the article was intriguing, it had spicy gossip and speculations coated in the sweetness of the wonderful ball, but the gossip got across.

The door opened and in came George, just the person I needed.

"They are here." George said.

"We need to talk." I said at the same time.

A/N
Sooooooo
WHAT IS UP WITH SOPHIE??
WHO IS HER BLOOD?
OH MY GOD?!

Leave your theories!
I would love to hear them!
Also,
Old wounds?

So much information, yet none at all! *evil laugh*

(None of my chapters are edited, so please don't cringe if you spot a mistake!)