26|The ball|

Veronica in the lead, we all left for the ball room. Sophie and I looped our hands together on our short journey to the ball room. Each of us , smiling, entered the room. The harald announced our names.

Sophie entered before me, I heard her name being called out, "Sophie Liliana Alexander, a guest of the Royal family". She entered with all the grace she possessed and climbed down the stairs and joined Veronica and the other girls who had taken a place near a table, and chatted.

I entered the last. I heaved a breath and prayed that I didn't stumble on the stairs and went through the doors. The view of inside the ball room was beyond magnificent.

The whole chamber was lit with brilliant light, that came from the many golden chandeliers that adorned the ceiling. The opposite of the enterance had the large seats, for the Royal family, of course. Their buffet table was also set up near their seating. The higher stage had enough seats to accommodate the members of the visiting royals along with our royals.

Along another wall was a buffet table, for the other guests. And the whole space was filled with many conversing men and women covered in glamorous garbs that were worth much money, money we couldn't imagine spending, and yet here we are wearing the ball gowns thay cost the same as theirs. But not out of our own pockets.

I told the harald my name, and he announced, "Estella, of the special guests of the Royal family" like he did with the other girls. And like every other person that was announced, I received attention, many lifted their eyes to see who was Estella?

I walked down the stairs, careful with every step, you never know in these heels one might just fall flat on their faces. How embarrassing would that be?

And you've seen enough embarassment today, haven't you?

Yes , I have. Thank you for the friend reminder.

Once on the dance floor, I made my way to the group of my companions and made little conversation. Soon there was a loud sound, the loud dhum of the drum. That was the indication of the presence of the Royals. All the girls arranged themselves in a line as told before.

At the doors were Queen Anne, her husband, prince-consort Philip, King of Finotica, Oliver, and his wife , the Queen of Finotica, Mary-Anne. They were closely followed by their heirs. Prince of Finotica stood behind his parents while Prince Nile and his wife behind our queen. Their sons, along with Catherine, followed too.

In the line of order all of them descended the stairs. We all fell into a curtsey . The first dance was the Royal dance , of course. Our queen with their king as per rule. Prince Philip with their queen. The rest with their partners, if they had. Prince George and Prince Edward, however had to choose from the girls present. We were all still bent down, heads bowed down.

The princes made their way to the line of the girls that had been arranged in a queue. I saw a pair of black shoes pass in front of me, that pair stopped and asked for a dance from a girl, whom I could not see. Another pair crossed me . I wished for this to be over soon, this bent down position isn't really helping especially with the high heels.

The second pair that had crossed me didn't go further then two girls, it returned. In a blink of am eye,I was looking at two black shoes, polished to perfection. Then a hand appeared. I straightened myself to look at Prince Edward, who, without any doubt , was looking flawless. I put my hand in his, returning his smile.

Why would he choose me?

The embarrassing events of the tea came rushing back. Did I really have to hit a rock?

The other girls who were not asked dispersed, while the Royals took the floor. G had asked his cousin, Adaliade to dance with him. How funny would it have been if his partner was Maddison? I mentally giggled.