Esme

Volume one

"I'm not even in the mood to go to school

"I'm not even in the mood to go to school." I rolled my eyes drinking my orange juice as I put my bag on my shoulder.

"So don't go." My twenty-five year old sister, Emae, said shrugging.

"I gotta make up some work so I have to."

"Well then don't complain." She checked her makeup out.

"Where are you going?" I checked the time seeing I was late. "It's 8 going on 9, you usually hibernating at this time."

"I'm going to meet up with an old friend." She smirked.

"Old friend as in?"

"Old boyfriend but he looking finer and I'm tired of fucking these niggas so I'm hoping he came back ready for me."

"I hope you succeed." I shook my head making sure I have everything.

I walked out the house after checking my bag to make sure I had everything, I walked the ten minute walk to school. When I walked in people were barely in the halls but that was to be expected because first period started twenty minutes ago. I walked into the office to get a pass then walked to my locker taking my time since I didn't really wanna go to first period.

"Hey Mae." A girl named, Brenda, said walking up to me smiling. Stopping I returned her smile wondering why she was calling me by my nickname when I barely knew her.

"Hello Brenda."

"I was wondering do you do walk ins or do I have to schedule an appointment?" She asked making me think about it.

"I do walk ins when I'm not busy but It'll be better to schedule an appointment."

"Okay, how do I do that?" She asked.

"If you go on my Instagram, look in my bio, there's an website. It's my prices, what I can do, other picture of happy clients and makeup. When you schedule an appointment, make sure you tell me what hairstyle you want."

"Okay, thank you. I'll do that right now." She smiled walking away making me smile.

I was ecstatic knowing more people were finding out about me. I did hair and makeup but the thing that made me different from everybody else was that my prices are reasonable and I did a damn good job. I could do everything from box braiding, corn rolls, to dreads, faux locs, to sew ins, frontals, silk presses, whatever you name I could do it. I was currently trying to master doing a sew in over dreads but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

I peeked from my locker seeing Tony walking towards me making me roll my eyes. Tony was a boy who didn't get when to leave you alone and it annoyed me so much, I wasn't a mean person but I just wished he would get the hint.

"How you doing Esme? You look beautiful." He spoke making me do a tight lip smile.

"Thank you Tony, I'm fine." I told him putting my books in my locker then closing it knowing the bell would be ringing in five minutes.