Esme

Volume sixteen

"So who you hiring?" I asked Paris not beat for anything today.

"These were the six I really liked."

"We have four chairs open, so why you have six?"

"I thought I had to fill three? What you mean four?"

"Paris, I've told you I'm taking like three months off."

"Oh right right, I didn't think that meant you wanted your chair filled."

"Where's the six?" I rolled my eyes taking the papers. "This say she can't corn roll, why would you wanna hire her?"

"I didn't see that, okay so-"

"Paris did you look at any of these?"

"No, I was going to but then something happened-"

"Do you know what I do? I have to pay bills, do hair, clean up after y'all messy nasty asses, fire people, hire people, make sure my customers satisfied, supporting my friends all while handling shit in my personal life so I don't give a damn what the hell happened."

"Okay, I get it Esme. I have to do better."

"And fast." I told him. "I picked you for this cause I felt like you were the only one in here who could do it, all you do is rely on me."

"I'll change."

"Start now. Pick four and if your four not right out of all these, not only are you not my manager but you're going to need to find a new job."

"Okay."

"I want these by time I go home, I leave at 9."

"Okay."

I was being mean but it was going to shape him which he needed to do, I could've made Spencer or Jaelyn my manager but I actually believed he could be the one if he realized he was worth it.

"You hungry?" Q asked bringing in food.

"Yes, thank you." I took the Five Guys from him.

"What's wrong?"

"My fucking shoes wouldn't fit cause my fat ass feet keep growing so now I gotta wear fucking slides and these aren't fucking comfortable."

"So I'll go get you some crocs, relax momma bear." He chuckled sitting on the couch. "What else is the matter?"

"I need more speakers for my mental health class, can you speak?"

"And say what?"

"I asked everyone one question, when you think about pain who is the first person to come up?"

"You know my father."

"So you would speak on him."

"Es, I'm not telling everybody about that."

"I understand it's personal but it's a mental health check and you can't even talk about it so-"

"A place filled with strangers not going to be the place where I fucking spill my personal business."

"Okay." I threw my hands up.

"I'll help you with anything else that day but that."

"Alright." I looked off.

I understood and couldn't be mad at him wanting to keep his business to his self but he just didn't understand how much it would help him.

"I'll think about it, okay?"